Good Monday morning!
Last week was another active week with much activity surrounding the pastoral call/transition time on the district. During the week, I met with LBAs at Fredericton-Olivet, Norton, Woodstock, and Millville. Those four meetings and other related activities resulted in the following:
• Fredericton-Olivet – Tim Guptill will be candidating on March 18th.
• Norton – will interview two pastoral candidates this week and select one that will be invited to come as an official candidate.
• Woodstock – the extended call of Pastor Dale MacDonald was unanimously renewed.
• Millville – the extended call of Pastor Mark Cooney was unanimously renewed.
• Brett Dezeeuw, youth pastor at Woodstock – resigned yesterday morning following the service.
• Havelock, NS – has invited Peter Hayes to candidate there and he will do so on March 18th.
• Wood’s Harbour – by a unanimous vote, gave an extended call to Pastor Steve Bean and he has accepted.
• Jonesport – by a near unanimous vote, gave a 4-year recall to Pastor Rich Thomas and he has accepted.
• Jay Guptill – candidated at Dartmouth-Hillside yesterday. They gave him a near unanimous call.
A Pastors’ Prayer & Fast Retreat was held at Beulah on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week. I was pleased to be a part of this spiritually enriching event with about 30 members of our ministerial family. Thanks to those who made this a priority.
Sunday, March 25th, is being set aside as a Day of Prayer for Church Planting here on our District. Dean Brown, our E&CG guy, joins me in requesting that church planting be included as a prayer focus on Sunday, March 25th.
District Men’s Convention – May 4th & 5th at Quispamsis-King’s Valley. Posters and other information have been or will soon be received by all the churches.
The Moncton church voted unanimously last night in favor of the next phase of their building program. This will see the construction of a 2,000 seat auditorium and other enhancements to the property. Congrats to Pastor B and his crew on this significant next step.
This past Friday, I met with the District WY Executive Committee at Mt. Allison University in Sackville. We discussed and agreed upon some significant changes in the direction of the district WY ministry – more details later.
May Rally ’07 information can be found on the web at http://www.firstyouth.ca/. Posters will be sent to the churches but all other information, including an on-line registration option, must be accessed at the website address. Don’t miss it!
A mission team from our Woodstock church to the Ukraine arrived home safely on Saturday. A team to Guatemala from our Grand Bay – River Valley church departed on Thursday, and a team to Ukraine from our Moncton church departed on Saturday.
Beulah Camp – July 6-15. Check the website http://www.beulahcamp.com/
THOT: I believe the greatest trick of the devil is not to get us into some sort of evil but rather have us wasting time. – Donald Miller