SPECIAL URGENT REQUEST
Received word last evening that Lindsay Ingersoll has taken a very serious turn in her illness. Intercessory prayer requested.
Friday and Saturday saw the graduation exercises for Kingswood University on her 70th year take place. One of the highlights was the conferring of an honourary doctorate on Rev. Atef Sedhom Khalaf, National Superintendent of the Wesleyan Standard Church of Egypt. Dr. Atef was the speaker in the Baccalaureate service and I was honoured to speak in the Commencement service on Saturday morning. This was the first graduation weekend under the direction of President Lennox and his new VP of Academic Affairs Dr. Janet Starks – very well done.
The reps from the Atlantic and Central Canada Districts that serve on the board of The Wesleyan Church of Canada met in Ottawa on Thursday of last week. A great day of invigorating interaction as we look with anticipation to the upcoming General Conference where we anticipate the final approval for the creation of the Established National Conference of The Wesleyan Church of Canada. Onward and upward!
- Ben and Patricia Guptill have a baby girl – Madison Patricia who arrived last week weighing in at 8lb 14oz. Ben says “We broke the Guptill mould. It’s a girl.” Proud family. Everyone is excited. Jay and Sharon are the proud grandparents.
- The LBA at Saint John First has unanimously invited Graham Perry to candidate there on May 15th.
- Tom Cann and David Hockley will be visiting in Yarmouth on May 15th as the church there looks to build its staff under the leadership of their new Lead Pastor.
- The three pastors from Grand Manan and I visited five of our churches in Nova Scotia last Monday and Tuesday. Many good ideas were gleaned from these visits and the interaction with the pastors as we move forward on the GM merger project.
- As of yesterday May 1st, Kings Valley – frequently referred to as KV – has officially changed their name to Kings Church.
- Linda Fillmore (Westchester) spoke to 60 women on Saturday at the Gateway Cathedral in St. Stephen. She and her husband Sterling are leaving soon for their first-ever cruise in celebration of their 50th anniversary – congratulations!
- Peter was at Fredericton Journey yesterday morning acting as host for our Egyptian leader Dr. Atef who was a special guest for the service.
- I was honoured to speak on Saturday at the funeral of Art Card, a longtime member at Blacks Harbour reaching back to when I had the privilege to pastor there back in the day. Art was the father of Greg Card, the new pastor at Blacks.
Yesterday was a very significant day in the life of The River Church – our newly merged church in Bangor. I was privileged to organize the church, install Steve Sinclair as Lead Pastor and to speak in the service. There was a candle lighting ceremony with AJ and Steve lighting the central candle and then extinguishing their individual candles. It was a very meaningful moment and a powerful optic on the merger of two into one. The future ministry possibilities are outstanding.
THOT: “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” – Albert Einstein
ON SECOND THOT: “Who can really be faithful in great things if he has not learned to be faithful in the things of daily life?” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Friday, May 13, 2016
Journey Wesleyan Church
Tickets on sale now.
NS Children’s Ministry Huddle
Saturday, May 28 – 9 am – 3pm
New Hope Wesleyan Church, Kentville NS.
Pack your van and bring your Children’s Ministry Team!
Refreshments, breakouts, resources, training and equipping!
Only $25/person (5 or more from your church for $100)
To register your team contact email@example.com
Catch God’s heart for your ministry! Explore fresh insights & gain practical ideas as Mark Buchanan helps you cast a fresh – even daring vision for doing church in your community. His down-to-earth experience and perspective will intrigue and inspire you to new heights in ministry, especially among the most neglected.