Riverside Kids Camp was on last week and had a great group present. Monday night was bonfire night – what a great summer experience for the kids.
The Caton’s Session of the Camp Board met last week on the island. Excellent reports from the summer ministry that is ongoing for several more weeks. Board member Shane Hoyt and Peter Moore, board chair, decided to try the zip line and both lived to tell about it.
- The funeral of Rev. Stillman Cameron was held in Fredericton on Tuesday of last week. I was privileged to bring remarks on behalf of the district. Stillman married my first cousin Ethel Cameron and they began ministry together 60 years ago this summer in Sussex.
- I have a new email address effective immediately. Please address me from now on at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks.
- The installation services for new or transitioning pastors are being scheduled. Peter will be caring for those at Saint John First (Graham Perry), Fredericton Corbett (Troy McKnight), Miramichi (Ron and Karen Purdy) and Halifax Deep Water (A J Thomas). I have already done installations at Bangor The River (Steve Sinclair), Yarmouth ( A J Plaizier) and will be caring for Blacks Harbour (Greg Card).
- Some of the churches – Hammonds Plains Cornerstone, Halifax Metro and Kentville New Hope – who had staff pastors ordained this year at Beulah, repeated the ordination vows in church yesterday – very good idea that allows the local church be involved in this significant process.
- The average attendance at Presque Isle in June was 80 above June last year – onward and upward.
- I will be off district this week to represent our General Superintendent at the district conferences of the Iowa/ Minnesota and Kentucky/Tennessee districts.
- Peter held an all day LBA retreat with the Halifax Metro crew on Saturday as a part of their Maximizing Impact weekend follow up. He also preached at Moncton yesterday morning.
You’ve gotta love Grand Manan……..
THOT: “A scared world needs a fearless church.” – A W Tozer
ON SECOND THOT: “Our great problem is the problem of trafficking in unlived truth.” – Dwight L Moody
BYF – Best Years Fellowship Retreat Weekend
Beulah Camp – August 26-28
Registration $20 – Meals $50 – Accommodations – various
For further info call Pastor Mel Norton at 506-328-2659
Thriving Church Conference
September 1 & 2
With guest speaker: Dr. Gary McIntosh
For more information and to register visit the Kingswood University website.