Gloria and I were honoured to be on Grand Manan over the weekend. The Task Force met for several hours on Saturday and processed a number of items looking forward. The combined service on Sunday voted unanimously – 100% – to merge together in one location effective Jan 1st. The three churches will continue to operate separately until the end of 2016. The combined church will meet in the present Central Wesleyan Church while the process of building continues. The sign on Central will be removed and replaced with a banner/sign saying “Temporary Home of The Lighthouse – A Wesleyan Fellowship.” Much work still to do but excellent and unified progress is a real blessing.
Check out this link to a You Tube video of a baptism montage at Presque Isle. Presque Isle had 714 present last Sunday (LYA 639) and 450 there for a pig roast on Saturday afternoon for their annual All-Church Celebration. Their summer quarter averaged 604. They cancelled short-term mission trips for one year and designated those funds to help support mission projects overseas. They raised $36,000 for that in a special offering last Sunday and the LBA added an additional $25,000 to it so that $60,000+ is going to worthy Great Commission projects in various countries.
- NOTE: Due to New Pastors’ Orientation at Beulah, the office in Moncton will be closed today and Tuesday.
- Woodstock met in the AYR Motor Centre last Sunday with 375 present (LYA 233). To quote Pastor Dale MacDonald “…one person saved – lots of new faces, high energy, Spirit-filled worship, powerful video testimonies of changed lives, exciting kids programs, tailgate BBQ and volunteers who served with excellence. Definitely a win. Onward and upward.
- Steve Bradley met with the Browns Flat Fellowship last evening. He has accepted the district’s appointment as the incoming pastor at Browns Flat effective next summer. Wayne Briggs is concluding his service at Browns Flat on November 6th. His faithful service is truly appreciated.
- Peter worshipped with the Amherst congregation and Pastor Evan Oxner yesterday.
- Betty Johnson, recently transferred to our district from Iowa/Minnesota District, has accepted a part time position as pastor of the Baptist Church in Debert, NS.
- Today and tomorrow Peter and I will be hosting our annual New Pastors Orientation at Beulah. Watch for pics and word next week.
- Head of Millstream had another baptism yesterday – the second one this summer. Way to go Vince and company.
Speaking of Grand Manan – where else in the world is there a sign made of lobster pots used to advertise coffee – you have got to love it!
THOT: “What your church does for kids is more important than anything else your church does.” – #ThinkOrange
ON SECOND THOT: “Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” – Albert Einstein
September 19th in Saint John & September 29th in Fredericton
Come and find out how your church can be a part of it!
We have an opportunity for the Christian Church in Canada to jointly invite people to explore Jesus’ story.
2016 Harvest Conference – Arise & Shine
Women from all over the district are invited!
September 30 to October 1
Registration deadline is Friday, Sept. 23.
For more information and to register visit www.harvestconference.ca