Thank you for your understanding of our 24 hour delay in this week’s IMA. We enjoyed a great vacation and are truly pleased to be back home, snow storm and all.
Christmas 2016 is just around the proverbial corner. There are a number of special seasonal events around the district that have already taken place – great ministry to communities large and small. Read on……
- Brazil Lake held their annual Road to Bethlehem. There were 70 volunteers who gave their time as they hosted 470 people who took the tour. There were many very positive comments and interest in the church.
- Crosspoint Church has released a free four-song Christmas EP from their worship ministry. These songs are free, though you can “add a tip” to support future projects if you wish. We want to give a fresh take on some traditional Christmas hymns as well as provide new songs your church may want to add to your Christmas worship repertoire. These songs were recorded live off-the-floor at various Fredericton landmarks to give the songs the context in which they were inspired. You can download the music and watch the music videos here: crosspointchurch.ca/ChristmasEP
- Havelock, NS hosted a Christmas production recently with two performances. There were 435 people in attendance and many were first time visitors. “Great weekend” says Pastor Craven.
- JOY ministry at Houlton kicked off the season with an enjoyable Christmas Banquet for 75 excited seniors.
- Presque Isle had 1,000 present for their annual Christmas Kids program on the weekend.
- A word from Peter: “The Moncton Christmas cafe was a huge success- the atrium was packed and a great evening of desserts and special music including a 50 voice choir led by Kristy Tapper that was enjoyed by hundreds.”
- Kings Church Love Week is a great success again this year. The Telegraph Journal picked up the story and did a great article under the caption “Church congregation beats own record with ‘amazing’ commitment to charity.” Incredible community witness and impact.
Promoted to Glory
*Mrs. Anne Gorveatte passed away on Saturday. She and her husband Ken served a lifetime of ministry in The Wesleyan Church including several years in our district churches and at Kingswood. We extend our sincere sympathy to Ken, their children Mark, Ruth, Beth, Joel and the extended family. *The funeral service for Rev. Bill Morgan was held at Fredericton Journey on Friday. Peter brought remarks on behalf of our tribe and long time fellow missionary Karl Gorman brought the eulogy.
THOT: “Life is so short. Grudges are a waste of time. Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and trust God with what you cannot change.” – Nicky Gumbel
ON SECOND THOT: “If you are a preacher, resist the temptation to pay too much attention to crowds. Preach the truth, whether it draws a crowd or empties the room!” – Benji Kelley
Join Hugh Halter (author, speaker, church planter, consultant) for a full day of learning how to join in God’s mission to change Atlantic Canada, one neighbourhood at a time.
January 18, 2017
Highfield Baptist Church