The picture above is of new KU students at a recent New Year’s Eve party. The very positive note that follows came from Kingswood….
“This semester we have six new and four re-enrolling students in our KU family:
Ruth Naomie Octavius, from Haiti
Taylor Cook, from NS
Melissa Wamboldt, from NS
Rachelle Legere, from NB
Nathan Trouten, from NB
Jacob Moore, from PA
Tyrell MacDonald, from NB
Isaac Brown, from NB
Kristian Ullman, from ON
Scott Coffey, from MI.
We have four additional students taking courses part-time or are auditing.
This is the largest enrolment for a spring semester in at least 10 years.”
- Our sympathy is expressed to two of our ministerial tribe and their extended families in the homegoing of Mr. Hugh Horner, father of Rev. Neil Horner and Mr. George Murray, father of Rev. Brian Murray. Both of these good men passed away this past week.
- I was in Moncton yesterday morning and shared a letter of resignation from Lead Pastor Tim Guptill. Please be in prayer for Tim and Gayla as they seek the Master’s will for the next chapter of their ministry and for the Moncton church as they proceed with a pastoral search process. Tim’s resignation is effective immediately and I will be working with both Tim and the Moncton church during this transition. Pastor Buckingham will continue to serve through the end of June.
- After serving the church for a decade, Joel Wydysh resigned at Island Wesleyan on PEI yesterday. Peter will be working with Joel and Vicki and the church as they all seek God’s direction going forward. Joel will conclude his service there at the routine time of pastoral transition in July.
- Peter was at Coastal Community in Scarborough over the weekend and visited with the Zigler family and the church. He also explored other future ministry possibilities in Maine.
- I was on Grand Manan for two days last week and held the final meeting of the Task Force that has served the Cause so well in bringing us to the merger of the churches and the acquisition of land for a new building. I am so grateful for this good work. I also met for the first time with the new LBA made up of people from all three of the former churches. Major decisions face the group and I was very pleased with the spirit, attitude and interaction of this new board. Onward and upward!
- Peter was involved in a number of meetings this week focused on Beulah 2017. Keep tuned for details.
- Shelburne Hope has a new coffee bar in the lobby as the rebirth of the church continues. See pic that follows.
As you are all aware, I am stepping down from the DS position in July. It is not out that I have been operating a business in the United Kingdom in preparation for retirement 🙂
THOT: “Stop trying to make God more palpable and ‘normal’ for the world and celebrate His unbelievable and inexplicable nature. Who wants ‘normal?’ – Mark Brewer
ON SECOND THOT: “If stupidity got us into this mess, they why can’t it get us out?” – Will Rogers
BONUS THOT: “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
Join Hugh Halter (author, speaker, church planter, consultant) for a full day of learning how to join in God’s mission to change Atlantic Canada, one neighbourhood at a time.
January 18, 2017
Highfield Baptist Church
Click for more info.
Click for more info.