Our Maximizing Impact team – (AJ Plaizier, Peter and me) spent the weekend at Havelock, NS for an MI event. Pastor Shawn Craven had prepared well for the weekend and the LBA and congregation were involved and interactive. The Friday night and Saturday AM sessions were very well attended. The pic above is the Saturday morning teaching led by AJ. I continue to be very convinced that MI, if taken seriously and if the recommendations are passionately enacted, can be a real game changer.
Woods Harbour recently held two Alpha dinners and had an attendance of circa 70 at each of them – well done. Alpha is an excellent program for connection and early discipleship.
- Kevin Wilson resigned at Halifax Metro yesterday. Peter and I met with the Metro LBA on our way through Halifax yesterday afternoon as they begin the “what next” conversation.
- Rod Guptill resigned yesterday at Woods Harbour.
- Jesse and Selinda VanHorn, one of the Global Partners missionary couples from our district have been reassigned to Haiti. Their recent newsletter covered this new assignment in some detail. Thanks to all of you who support them and our other district missionaries – your prayers and dollars actually make a difference.
- I met last week with the Moncton LBA and will meet with them again this evening as the pastoral transition process moves forward.
- Peter met with the LBA at Island Wesleyan last week as they also begin the pastoral transition process.
- Eighteen of Kingswood’s students have headed out on their supervised ministry experiences (internships) at the start of this month. Three of these interns are working here in our district at Kings Church under the supervision of Kingswood graduates. Please pray for them as they minister. https://www.kingswood.edu/interns-way-please-pray
THOT: “However much we may know God, the great lesson to learn is that at any moment He may break in.” – Oswald Chambers
ON SECOND THOT: “In a time of universal deceit – telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” – George Orwell
BONUS THOUGHT: “There is no neutral ground in the universe. Every square inch, every split second is claimed by God and counterclaimed by Satan.” – C S Lewis
Rev. Christy Lipscomb will be our guest speaker for our upcoming Infuse days at Kingswood University (Jan. 24-25), a series of four services focused specifically on the biblical doctrine of holiness. Pastor Christy pastors alongside her husband Adam at City Life Church in Grand Rapids, MI, which they founded together. She is a graduate of both Indiana Wesleyan University and Asbury Theological Seminary.
Click for more info.