Last week a group of 81 seniors gathered in the Atrium of the Moncton church for pizza and CPR training – what a combo! One of the ladies learning CPR is 98 years old – you have to love and celebrate an optimist.
- The Bill Moore funeral at Fredericton Journey last Monday was a celebration of his life and ministry. In addition to a moving eulogy from Billy John and Peter and remarks from “adopted” son Glen McVicar, we were honoured to have Tim Hibschman from Global Partners present to give tribute. Bill and Joyce served 12 years as missionary educators at Choma Secondary School in Zambia and Peter, in addition to 2 years in Australia, spent 7 years at the Global Partners Home Office. The ministerial tribe was strongly represented – thanks to all of you.
- Jason and Carolina Parker candidated at Woods Harbour yesterday. They received a unanimous total vote of 72 – 0 and have accepted the call. Congrats and welcome to the tribe!
- I met with the Search Committee last Monday in Moncton and will meet tonight in a combined meeting of the Search Committee and LBA. Keep tuned.
- Peter was in Newfoundland last week to meet with the Solid Rock LBA and Pastors Stuart and Ryan as strategy and next steps for the church plant there are considered. Keep tuned.
- I was on Grand Manan yesterday to meet with the LBA and to further interact on the pastoral search matter for The Lighthouse. Keep tuned.
- Peter led a new Maximizing Impact (MI) team at West Head for the weekend. The team included Ken Banks, John Symonds and Greg Bland who is with the Maritimes District of the PAOC. MI continues to be a significant factor in church health development for our tribe.
- Pastoral search and selection process is ongoing at Halifax Metro and Island Wesleyan on PEI. Keep tuned.
- Rev Lona Johnson, a retired minister of our district, passed away yesterday afternoon. Funeral arrangements will be announced later.
- Kings Church combined their Valley and East Campuses in a great combined service last night at Bayside Middle School.
A word from Hillside: “Hillside Rally took place this weekend with powerful worship from Kingswood’s band “Alive”, and Spirit anointed The preaching from Pastor Tammy Giffen from Immanuel Baptist in Truro. Over 85 teens and leaders participated in high energy rallies, fun activities, community outreach opportunities, and breakout sessions. God was very much present as we explored our identity in Christ.”
“Can’t believe I get to live here!” – Kingswood President Stephen J Lennox
THOT: “Capital isn’t scarce. Vision is.” – Sam Walton
ON SECOND THOT: “God is so much more concerned with who you are becoming, than what you are doing.” – Greg Groeschel
BONUS THOT: “If you cannot magnify God, it is probably because you are magnifying yourself.” – Charles H. Spurgeon
Kingswood’s Master of Arts in Pastoral Theology’s Upcoming Course Announcement:
Speaker: Dr. Bob Whitesel (D. Min., Ph.D.)
Course: “Missional Pastor: Evangelism and Discipleship”
Where: Kingswood Campus
When: May 1-5, 2017
Who can attend: MAPT students and anyone can take up to two MAPT courses for credit or audit without enrolling in the MAPT program
Want to know further details? Contact Dr. Ken Gavel at email@example.com.
What is God really like?
A punishing judge? A doting grandfather?
A deadbeat dad? A vengeful warrior?
Join Brad Jersak (author, speaker, church planter, theologian) for a seminar about God’s identity.
March 18, 2017
Stone Church, Saint John, NB
Registration fee per person. Refreshments included*
Pastors! Send your Children Ministry team to The Huddle, a children ministry leaders training event. It’s a one-day, affordable event for your entire children’s ministry team. Sunday school teachers, nursery workers, VBS helpers, children church leaders and volunteers experience the excitement and energy of discovering practical, new ideas they can use NOW from a team of passionate and dedicated leaders.
Get ready for a time of growth, renewal, and fun! Join us at a location near you.
Discover practical ideas and connect with other leaders!
NB Huddle – April 1 – 1–4 pm – $10/person
Journey Wesleyan Church – Fredericton NB
NS Huddle – May 13 – 9 am – 12:30 pm – $10/person
Yarmouth Wesleyan Church – Yarmouth NS
To register contact Linda Lamos at: firstname.lastname@example.org