This past week, the district provided an optional retreat to create space and support for members of our tribe to apply the teaching from our February Ministerial in the development of leadership and ministry. This was a time for prayerfully processing how the teaching re: Soul Care for the Undershepherd could recalibrate practices/rhythms of ministry for greater fulfillment and fruitfulness. This 48-hour Retreat to Advance occurred at Beulah Camp beginning with a supper meal last Monday and concluding with lunch on Wednesday. David Higle and Laura Zigler served as excellent facilitators as Peter provided overall leadership for this event that was very well received by the circa 25 persons in attendance.
- Mike Tapper resigned his staff position at Moncton yesterday effective at the end of June. He has accepted an opportunity to lead a faculty and teach at a university outside of Canada. Keep tuned.
- The funeral for retired minister Lona Johnston will be held at Fredericton Crosspoint on Friday, March 17th at 2 PM with a reception to follow. Check Bishops Funeral Home website for further detail.
- I met last week with the combined Search Committee and LBA at Moncton as a lead pastor candidate was interviewed. Excellent meeting. Announcement next week. Keep tuned.
- Our new General Superintendent Dr. Wayne Schmidt will be present for our District Conference and Ordination service in July this year.
- There were 393 present at Halifax Deep Water yesterday (LYA 256). Onward and upward.
- Thank you for your prayers for Karrilee as she has entered the chemo therapy phase of treatment. Your support is deeply appreciated.
- Peter met with the LBA at Amherst last week and they have voted to recommend an extended call for Pastor Evan Oxner.
- I had the unique opportunity last week to spend some time with two groups of students at Hampton Middle School and to interact with them concerning my visits to Cambodia and Haiti – and as it turned out, several other countries well.
- On a personal note, Gloria and I attended the finale of Oliver yesterday afternoon at the Capitol Theatre in Moncton. Our granddaughter Mya was part of the cast – proud nana and papa!
The incredible crew shown above under “hard hat Evelyn” completely stripped the old carpet from the sanctuary at Shelburne and replaced it. What a bunch – yet another chapter in the rebirth of the church there.
Check out the 2017 Caton’s Island promo video. Registration is now open for all summer camps. Be sure to register early as camps fill up fast and summer will be here before you know it!
Kingswood’s Ablaze and Encounter student ministry teams have embarked on their spring tour. The teams’ tours will conclude by hosting a Youth Leadership Conference at Presque Isle Wesleyan on Friday, March 10. Various KU staff and faculty will lead training sessions, and Dr. Lennox will speak the next morning on “How to Read the Bible.”
THOT: “One of the deepest principles of life and leadership; it’s not about you.” – Ken Blanchard
ON SECOND THOT: “I invite you to persevere in prayer, so that Jesus’ wish may be fulfilled – that they may all be one.” – Pope Francis
BONUS THOT: “It is not your business to succeed, but to do right. When you have done so, the rest lies with God.” – C S Lewis
Kingswood’s Master of Arts in Pastoral Theology’s Upcoming Course Announcement:
Speaker: Dr. Bob Whitesel (D. Min., Ph.D.)
Course: “Missional Pastor: Evangelism and Discipleship”
Where: Kingswood Campus
When: May 1-5, 2017
Who can attend: MAPT students and anyone can take up to two MAPT courses for credit or audit without enrolling in the MAPT program
Want to know further details? Contact Dr. Ken Gavel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is God really like?
A punishing judge? A doting grandfather?
A deadbeat dad? A vengeful warrior?
Join Brad Jersak (author, speaker, church planter, theologian) for a seminar about God’s identity.
March 18, 2017
Stone Church, Saint John, NB
Registration fee per person. Refreshments included*
Pastors! Send your Children Ministry team to The Huddle, a children ministry leaders training event. It’s a one-day, affordable event for your entire children’s ministry team. Sunday school teachers, nursery workers, VBS helpers, children church leaders and volunteers experience the excitement and energy of discovering practical, new ideas they can use NOW from a team of passionate and dedicated leaders.
Get ready for a time of growth, renewal, and fun! Join us at a location near you.
Discover practical ideas and connect with other leaders!
NB Huddle – April 1 – 1–4 pm – $10/person
Journey Wesleyan Church – Fredericton NB
NS Huddle – May 13 – 9 am – 12:30 pm – $10/person
Yarmouth Wesleyan Church – Yarmouth NS
To register contact Linda Lamos at: email@example.com