The Beulah Session of the Camp Board met at the District Office last week. One of the highlights of the meeting was time spent with the engineering and design company that is working with us on a campus development plan as we look to maximizing the stewardship of this amazing facility.
Prof Mike MacNeil from KU just returned from leading a student ministry team to Peru. Mike has given leadership to virtually countless teams focused on the last, the lost, the least and the lonely that provided a real life laboratory for ministry in the Master’s name.
- The funeral of Rev. Lona Johnston was held at Fredricton Crosspoint on Friday of last week. Josh Symonds came from Calgary to deliver the eulogy at Lona’s long-standing request. John Symonds preached the message and I was pleased to bring remarks on behalf of the district. Thanks to the ministers who were able to attend.
- The church at Lower Brighton gave a unanimous four-year recall to Pastor Jacob Ebbett yesterday, which he has accepted. Congrats!
- The church at Amherst gave a unanimous four-year recall to Pastor Evan Oxner yesterday and then by a strong majority offered him an extended call, which he has accepted. Congrats – again!
- Peter was at Fredericton Journey yesterday to speak at their Consecration Sunday stewardship day. More word later.
- Pastor Joel Wydysh has accepted the invitation of the Presque Isle church to join their staff and serve as the Pastor of Spiritual Formation.
- An anonymous donor at Nackawic recently made a gift of $12,000 to help in the long and strong commitment the church has to drilling water wells in parts of the world in great need.
- Kings Church continues to see amazing days of ministry. This past weekend there were some 1400 on hand for their weekend services and over 3000 connected online. Incredible – PTL!
Joel and Tracy Gorveatte were in Moncton this past weekend as pastoral candidates. Peter, Ellen, Gloria and I shared dinner with Joel and Tracy on Saturday evening and I was privileged to present them to the congregation yesterday morning and to conduct the local church conference last evening. The church gave him a unanimous vote of both the members and non members of 278-0, which he accepted. There was an excellent crowd present in the morning service and a real sense of energy and optimism in the air. Onward and upward.
On Saturday evening, Hope Wesleyan in Shelburne held a gospel concert to raise funds for a missions project. There were 151 in attendance (LYA 34). Great!
THOT: “The first to apologize is the bravest, the first to forgive is the strongest, but the first to forget is the happiest.” – Greg Laurie
ON SECOND THOT: “We will never be free until we break the chains of other people’s expectations.” – Lennett Anderson
BONUS THOT: “Genuine hope is not blind optimism. It is hope with open eyes, which sees the suffering and yet believes in the future.” – Juergen Moltmann
Kingswood’s Master of Arts in Pastoral Theology’s Upcoming Course Announcement:
Speaker: Dr. Bob Whitesel (D. Min., Ph.D.)
Course: “Missional Pastor: Evangelism and Discipleship”
Where: Kingswood Campus
When: May 1-5, 2017
Who can attend: MAPT students and anyone can take up to two MAPT courses for credit or audit without enrolling in the MAPT program
Want to know further details? Contact Dr. Ken Gavel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pastors! Send your Children Ministry team to The Huddle, a children ministry leaders training event. It’s a one-day, affordable event for your entire children’s ministry team. Sunday school teachers, nursery workers, VBS helpers, children church leaders and volunteers experience the excitement and energy of discovering practical, new ideas they can use NOW from a team of passionate and dedicated leaders.
Get ready for a time of growth, renewal, and fun! Join us at a location near you.
Discover practical ideas and connect with other leaders!
NB Huddle – April 1 – 1–4 pm – $10/person
Journey Wesleyan Church – Fredericton NB
NS Huddle – May 13 – 9 am – 12:30 pm – $10/person
Yarmouth Wesleyan Church – Yarmouth NS
To register contact Linda Lamos at: email@example.com