I was in New York City from Monday to Wednesday last week for the DS Roundtable meeting. This was my last such meeting to attend due to my pending retirement this July. I have highly valued the camaraderie of the DS group across the 22 years in total that I have served in both the Delta and Atlantic districts.
On Tuesday evening we attended a presentation at Brooklyn Tabernacle of their powerful Easter production. This inspirational and high quality event was topped off the following morning when Lead Pastor Jim Cymbala came to speak to us at our hotel. He was anointed and pointed and we were all ministered to by his time with us and prayers for us.
Thanks to Karl Eastlack, the Penn-Jersey DS for his great job as our host and for arranging our program.
The World Hope Canada board held our semi-annual meeting at Beulah this past week. A part of their activities here including three banquets held in Moncton, at Beulah and at Pubnico. The special speaker at these events was Rev. Sergiy Svystun, the Ukraine Director for World Hope. I was able to attend the banquet event at Beulah as well as the sessions of the board. It was so good to see Sergiy again and to hear his very effective presentation. Several thousand dollars were raised in support of the ministry in Ukraine.
John Hutchins Oxner arrived safe and sound on April 21st weighing in at 8:15. Baby and mother are doing well and he is feeling the love from grandma Cheney as you can see. Congrats to Evan and Heidi who pastor at Amherst.
- Sussex held their Compassion Sunday last week and sponsored 17 children. This brings our total sponsorship from this month’s special Compassion Sunday thrust to 160, with a couple of churches still to go. Well done.
- Yarmouth received an unexpected gift of $40,000 last week – generosity is such a blessing to both giver and receiver. They also baptized 10 and dedicated a baby yesterday.
- Tim Guptill was appointed yesterday to serve as Lead Pastor of The Lighthouse on Grand Manan. This appointment reflects the unanimous action of our DBA. He will assume the duties there in mid-July at the routine time of pastoral change and will be subject to recall vote in 2019. We are thankful for Steve Bradley who is presently serving as Interim Pastor.
- Kings Church baptized 36 in their weekend services.
- Sharon Simoneau, a Licensed Minister of our district, has been appointed to serve as Pastor of the Miramichi Wesleyan Church. She will assume the duties there in mid-July at the routine time of pastoral change. Gary Campbell will serve as Interim Pastor from mid-May to mid-July.
- Halifax Deep Water, which is running circa 100 ahead of last year, had a total of 4 baptisms in their AM services yesterday.
- A total of at least 52 baptisms yesterday – New Life.
This past Friday, Kingswood University had fifteen of their incoming fall students on campus. It was a pre-registration day that gave these students a chance to mingle with staff and students, as they attended a chapel service, got their photo ids, toured the civic centre, had lunch with their program directors, hiked the Bluffs, checked out residence halls, and attended a coffee house. Students travelled from Ontario, the Maritimes and Maine.
July 8 2017, 7:00 pm Tabernacle
Mark is known and loved around the world as a trusted voice in the realm of gospel music and beyond. He started making music at age 11 and now, more than four decades later, his legacy is forever sealed as an innately entertaining communicator who can, at once, make audiences laugh, cry, and think.
$40 Premium Seating (pending availability)
$30 General Seating
$35 Day of concert for all remaining seats
To purchase tickets by credit card please call the District Office at (506) 383-8326 or mail cheques payable to the “Atlantic District” to:
1830 Mountain Rd
Moncton, NB E1G 1A9
THOT: “When a church loses the joy of seeing people come to Jesus, it quickly becomes weak and weird.” – Jim Cymbala
ON SECOND THOT: “Today’s news will be gone in the 24-hour news cycle. But the Word of our God stands forever.” – Christopher Yuan
BONUS THOT: “There are two great days in a person’s life; the day you are born and the day you discover why.” – William Barclay
Pastors! Send your Children Ministry team to The Huddle, a children ministry leaders training event. It’s a one-day, affordable event for your entire children’s ministry team. Sunday school teachers, nursery workers, VBS helpers, children church leaders and volunteers experience the excitement and energy of discovering practical, new ideas they can use NOW from a team of passionate and dedicated leaders.
Get ready for a time of growth, renewal, and fun! Join us at a location near you.
Discover practical ideas and connect with other leaders!
NS Huddle – May 13 – 9 am – 12:30 pm – $10/person
Yarmouth Wesleyan Church – Yarmouth NS
To register contact Linda Lamos at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturate Halifax: June 23 & 24
Saturate is a 2-day training event specifically designed to help equip Christians on how to apply the Gospel in everyday life. This content will help us to better think and live as missionaries in the everyday.