Kingswood University graduation exercises were held over the weekend. Dr. Marsha Boyd-Mitchell was the Baccalaureate speaker and General Superintendent Dr. Wayne Schmidt was the Commencement speaker. Nathan Maskery was the Salutatorian and Oliver Locke was the Valedictorian. All four speakers did a great job. There was contagious energy in the proceedings as the quality grads completed this significant phase of their ministry preparation. Onward and upward!
- Kevin Wilson, who has been serving as Lead Pastor at Halifax Metro for a decade, has accepted the call of our church in Pembroke, Ontario to become their pastor. He, Bev and Emma will be missed from our tribe. We wish them the Master’s best in their new assignment.
- Brian Murray has been appointed to serve as Interim Pastor at Trinity Wesleyan in Bristol-Florenceville for a one-year term.
- Our District Board of Ministerial Development (DBMD) for the North Region met last week in Woodstock. This completes our DBMD meetings for this cycle following meetings for the South Region at Hammonds Plains and the Central Region at Kingswood. We are so thankful to the Master for the quality and quantity of these prophets-in-process. The future is bright to be sure.
- Joel Gorveatte, the Lead Pastor Elect at Moncton Wesleyan, was on the district last week as he graduated from the Masters program at Kingswood. He preached at Moncton yesterday morning.
- Aaron Birtch, from our Central Canada District, candidated yesterday at Halifax Metro. Aaron received a very strong vote from the church and has accepted. Welcome Aaron and Tracy to the Atlantic tribe!
- Peter met last week with the Kingswood students who recently returned from their internship assignments and who are considering future ministry assignments.
- Island Wesleyan on PEI interviewed two candidates last weekend as they move forward in their pastoral search.
- To quote Nick Graham “Troy McKnight is on fire this morning.”
Fredericton Crosspoint held a baptism in their Saturday evening and Sunday morning services – a total of 11 and an attendance of 604 – PTL!. We are hearing reports nearly every weekend of baptisms somewhere across our tribe – so encouraging to see this very visible sign of Kingdom growth. Onward and upward!
July 8 2017, 7:00 pm Tabernacle
Mark is known and loved around the world as a trusted voice in the realm of gospel music and beyond. He started making music at age 11 and now, more than four decades later, his legacy is forever sealed as an innately entertaining communicator who can, at once, make audiences laugh, cry, and think.
$40 Premium Seating (pending availability)
$30 General Seating
$35 Day of concert for all remaining seats
To purchase tickets by credit card please call the District Office at (506) 383-8326 or mail cheques payable to the “Atlantic District” to:
1830 Mountain Rd
Moncton, NB E1G 1A9
THOT: “ Civil discourse isn’t the answer to everything, but uncivil discourse isn’t the answer to anything.” – N T Wright
ON SECOND THOT: “ I have an interesting relationship with my church. I put them to sleep on Sunday and they keep me awake the rest of the week.” – Unappreciated Pastor
BONUS THOT: “ Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavour.” – Brainy Quotes
Pastors! Send your Children Ministry team to The Huddle, a children ministry leaders training event. It’s a one-day, affordable event for your entire children’s ministry team. Sunday school teachers, nursery workers, VBS helpers, children church leaders and volunteers experience the excitement and energy of discovering practical, new ideas they can use NOW from a team of passionate and dedicated leaders.
Get ready for a time of growth, renewal, and fun! Join us at a location near you.
Discover practical ideas and connect with other leaders!
NS Huddle – May 13 – 9 am – 12:30 pm – $10/person
Yarmouth Wesleyan Church – Yarmouth NS
To register contact Linda Lamos at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Baritone Leader’s Roundtable
How do you lead from the 2nd Chair? How do you deal with conflict and criticism when you are not the Lead Pastor? How do you empower and equip lay ministry under someone else’s vision? These questions and much more will be discussed at our very first Atlantic District “Baritone Leader’s Roundtable.” This is an affinity group for pastors in staff leadership, especially for those who carry a broad range of ministry responsibilities. The interaction and instruction will be insightful, encouraging, and practically applicable to your own church/ministry setting. Special thanks to Pastor Jedie for his excellent work in coordinating this event.
WHEN: Thursday, May 18 @ 10:30am – 2:30pm
WHERE: Moncton, NB – Atlantic District Edgett Boardroom
WHO: First 15 leaders to register
COST: FREE – lunch included (travel at personal expense)
REGISTRATION: Email Rev. Jedie Elliott (email@example.com)
Saturate Halifax: June 23 & 24
Saturate is a 2-day training event specifically designed to help equip Christians on how to apply the Gospel in everyday life. This content will help us to better think and live as missionaries in the everyday.