Our District Camp Ministry is booming!
Hats off to Dean Stephenson and his crew as Caton’s Island just completed its largest ever Family Camp Weekend with 248 campers and well over 300 (including staff) for each meal. The Choate Dining Hall was doubled up with the Beulah tent to accommodate feeding this hungry bunch! An expansion to the dining hall is much needed. Rev. Greg Hanson (Kings Church) served as camp speaker and the energy was contagious as a record number of families enjoyed the activities, games, chapels, fabulous food and fun!
- Beulah Camp & Conference Center hosted the Maritime Christian Fellowship churches as they conducted their annual conference over the long weekend with 220 registered. With several of the families from Caton’s Island staying in Beulah facilities overnight, every available rental room was in full use!
- Beulah Family Camp videos are now online – click here to review any service!
- An encouraging word from Bud Fancy (Presque Isle) who very effectively chairs the Riverside Camp Board, “Had a wonderful Family Camp this week with Rev. Rick Kavanaugh, clear teaching on basic Christian principles that we have often misunderstood or misapplied. Excellent giving and participation, reflecting how God is working in a fresh way at our campground. Despite many significant improvements & additions we were able to cover all our costs and the Spirit of God moved powerfully in our camp.”
- Ken Banks (Connection) tweeted this additional praise point about Riverside Camp this summer, “…decades old records of registrations and salvations at Riverside are being broken!”
- Don’t miss the opportunity to register your family for the first-ever Beulah Family Labour Day Weekend Camp (see below)!
- A recent celebration point from Scott Lewis (Lower Hainesville), “In three years of doing outdoor services these first two weeks have been our best ever, last week We had 41 in attendance and this week we had 57 in attendance. God’s presence was real and we were greatly blessed.”
Congratulations to John & Jesse Lamos (Kings Church) on the arrival of Adalyn Marie Lamos on August 4, 2017, @ 3:37 a.m. – weighing in at 6 lbs. 7 oz. Her first-time Papa is smitten with awe – looks good on you Dan!
Congratulations to Bradford & Ashlee Rogers (Deep Water) on the newest (by a half day) addition to our ministerial tribe and your special family. Eden Hope Rogers was born Friday, at the other end of August 4th @ 6:11pm – weighing in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. pictured here with big bro Bray and big sis Hazel.
Thot: Being career-minded is good; being career-centered is not. If adjustments and sacrifices need to be made in order to make more deposits than withdrawals when it comes to your family, then it’s worth it. (Greg Hanson @ Caton’s Island Family Camp)
On Second Thot: In Science we have been reading only the notes to a poem; in Christianity we find the poem itself. (CS Lewis – an excerpt from Mark Brewer’s “OnPoint” @ Crosspoint)
Bonus Thot: The view from every pulpit should be from the perspective of Christ on the Cross at Calvary. (Brian Murray @ Trinity)
Join us for our first-ever Beulah Camp Family Weekend, Sept. 1-4!
(Click here – add hyperlink for registration info) Ready for a relaxing weekend of family fun before school starts? Bring your whole family and add to your Summer 2017 memories with: Minute to Win It Family Fun, ‘Just for Parents’ workshop with Pastors Jay & Sharon Guptill, fun group activities for kids and teens, The Amazing Race: Family Edition, Sunday morning service with award-winning Canadian Christian artist, songwriter, and worship leader Brad Guldemond, boat rides on the St. John River, beach bonfires, swimming, family movie night and more!
Registration Deadline: Friday, August 25.
First 20 families to register will receive a 10% discount!
Payment by cheque mailed to the Atlantic District or with credit card by calling the District Office on (506) 383-8326 – Moncton office, Monday-Thursday, 9am-4:30pm
JOY Ministry Seniors Weekend
JOY Ministries – Just Older Youth! Join us for this year’s BYF retreat. A full range of activities awaits with worship, entertainment, food and fellowship. Come catch up with old friends and make news ones over this fun weekend.
Speaker – Rev. Dave McElhinney
Registration Forms are at District Office or your Lead Pastor.
Special Thanks from World Hope Canada for a successful pie-in-the-face event that raised nearly $500 at Beulah Family Camp – here are a few pics to go along with this happy moment for Dr. HC on his final night as my DS!