Kings Church West (Brent Ingersoll) launched this weekend with 235 people in attendance, including 49 children! Campus Pastor Robin Ellingwood reports there was a wonderful sense of excitement among the team as months of vision, prayer and hard work came to fruition. The after service party with fall-themed games, activities, and food greeted many people from the west side and surrounding areas.
It was my privilege to represent the Atlantic Tribe in the installation of Jason Parker (Woods Harbour) yesterday morning with a congregation of 116 (lya 79) including guest worship leader Alex Decker (Yarmouth) on loan from the staff of AJ Plaizier. Jason and Carolina (also on pastoral staff) along with Charlotte and baby #2 on the way are bringing new momentum and growth in the early days of this chapter of ministry in Barrington Passage region on the South Shore. And to top the week off, the church has sold the old parsonage and purchased a new one to welcome the Parkers with style! John & Willo Ann Symonds (West Head) joined the Parkers and I for lunch and a few laughs. Love the wind of the Spirit blowing into the sails of South Shore Kingdom synergy!
- Graham Perry (SJ1) had an incredible annual Fall Fest yesterday that included carnival games, hot dogs, popcorn, cotton candy and trunk or treat with 600+ from the community and church family. Graham highlights, “A huge thanks to Pastor Rebecca and Pastor Fred for their amazing leadership for this event.”
- Jason Rooney (Monticello) celebrates a man recently coming to Christ and new people attending in the last few months.
- Tim Guptill (The Lighthouse) baptized three brothers last Sunday in The Bay of Fundy!
- Special Announcement from World Hope Canada: This week I attended the semi-annual WHC Board at Silver Lake Camp, and the details of this significant meeting can be read in full here. We wish Stephanie and Sheldon Gilmer God’s best in this next chapter as the Board accepted her resignation after eight years of meaningful service as Executive Director. Mark Parker, Board Chairman, will work with current staff and serve as volunteer Interim Executive Director during these weeks of identifying the next leader for this effective global ministry – the official relief and development arm of The Wesleyan Church of Canada. The link provides details for those who may be interested in applying for this position.
- En route to the World Hope Canada Board Meeting I had opportunity to spend an hour with Ben Last (South Gate Community) and hear first-hand the inspiring journey of their recent launch into the neighbouring community of Winchester as they reopened a recently closed church restoring the Kingdom impact of this facility. A great model for multiplication! Proud to stand with you Ben and learn from you as our Canadian Conference continues to move forward.
- This past Wednesday at Sussex Wesleyan, Andrea Gunter (Executive Director of Camp Ministry) led an energizing day of dreaming and planning for the coming year with the Beulah Session of the Camp Board.
Harvest Conference (Kings Church) was attended by over 450 women, district wide! Special guest speaker was Blynda Lane from Dallas, Texas. Other speakers and sessions focused on topics like how to study the bible, becoming a praying mom, learning how to process loss, and choosing joy! This overall theme was “For Such a Time as This” and women left empowered to make their mark and live their God given purpose to influence the people in their world!
Congrats to Seth & Leanne Fancy (Kings Halifax) on the arrival of Jack Billings Fancy! Jack came early this Sunday morning at 8lbs 3oz, to a very excited big sister! Mom and Jack are great! And DAD is over the top BLESSED!
GPAtlantic Missions Roundtable: I am excited about an upcoming opportunity for those on the Atlantic district with missions as a part of their ministry portfolio. On November 8th we are planning a day at district office that is geared just for you. Presenters will include a representative from Global Partners as well as Dr. Matthew Friedman, Program Director and Professor of Global Ministry at Kingswood University as resource people that day. Our goal is to provide opportunity to share best practices and strategies for connecting our churches with GP and Kingswood and the resources that they can provide. The roundtable will begin at 10:30 a.m. and conclude by 2:30 p.m. Program costs and lunch are complimentary. Please email me to register (firstname.lastname@example.org) – questions/suggestions welcome!
Awakening youth rally is geared towards both Junior/Senior High students and will occur on November 17-18 at Hillside’s Parkway Campus of Hillside. Check out awakeningrally.com for more info on speaker, band, and registration.
Have you heard of CMASH? CMASH stands for Canadian Medical and Surgical Healthcare. As part of Global Partners Health Network (GPHN) we send teams of medical professionals who offer their expertise to Wesleyan mission fields internationally. For the last 7 years we have been focusing our efforts on Haiti and the Wesleyan hospital in La Gonave. We are now looking at other countries like Zambia. Not only are our teams helping the poor and the sick but the experiences are touching team members lives as well. You can find out more about CMASH on our website www.cmash.ca.