Jay & Sharon Guptill (Hillside) attended Exponential East this week in Orlando at a sold out conference of more than 5000 Kingdom leaders. Jay reports, “What an amazing time connecting with over 400 Wesleyans (pictured above) at Exponential to be inspired to be Apostolic Multipliers. May God pour out His Spirit to help the Wesleyan denomination become a movement once again.” Many of these resources for Kingdom multiplication are available online at www.exponential.org.
- Jamie Cambers (Crosspoint) is leading a mission team this week to Cambodia. This is a wonderful expression of support for Pastor Kimsan (National Superintendent) and our own Global Partners missionary family, Peter & Cathy Hayes. The Hayes family served on staff at Crosspoint prior to their appointment as GP missionaries.
- Jason Parker (Woods Harbour) celebrated yesterday morning as one person came forward to rededicate their life to the Lord and initiated conversation about a baptism at Easter! With 90 in attendance (including 4 first time guests) the congregation gave a generous donation to provide for a summer student in light of the attestation against pro-life beliefs now required with the application for government summer grants. In addition, two teens of the congregation are heading out this week to NYC on a mission trip with a youth group from the area.
- Executive Pastor Darren Bonville (Presque Isle) announced his resignation this weekend.
- Last week’s IMA included a report on the second annual “Retreat to Advance” for district pastors. One attendee who completed the Rule of Life exercise shared this powerful experience following the retreat, “Friday my family and I took a legitimate Sabbath. We powered down every electronic and for 24 plus hours we unplugged. We did no work, we read and played games, went for a couple drives, and worked on some puzzles. It was amazing and quite possibly the first but definitely not the last True Sabbath of my life. I am excited to model this discipline for my children as they grow up. Thank you for the Retreat to Advance.”
- My family enjoyed worshiping with the Browns Flat Fellowship (Steve Bradley) yesterday as we began a week’s vacation at River Haven during March Break. So thankful for the incredible heritage and spiritual maturity modeled in this small but mighty fellowship. Karrilee will be available at district office all week and will contact me as needed.
- Eleven pastors from five churches in the Southern NB Zone gathered this week for a ministerial event coordinated by Graham Perry (SJ1) and Evan Oxner (Amherst). This day was one of five scheduled this year to begin with a chapel service at Kingswood University followed by an hour of interaction with one of the KU professors (this time with Dr. Stephen Elliott), and concluding with lunch at Taste and See.
Congratulations to Matt & Ashley Blackford on the arrival of their daughter, Mya Rose Blackford, born at 5:21pm on February 25th! A proud first-time papa reports, “Mom and baby are doing great. I couldn’t be more excited to be a father.”
Thot: If a student can come to you and tell you they disagree with something, you’re winning as a student ministry. Church should be a healthy place to have healthy tension and ask questions. (Bradford Rogers)
Anti-Human Trafficking Event @ Kingswood University
Pastors & Lay Leaders are invited to join Open Door Centre to end modern slavery in Atlantic Canada. Youth as young as 11 and 12 are forced or manipulated into the sex trade right here at home. Join the Kingswood University student’s Pulse Day to learn from Open Door Centre, a Christian faith-based team from Halifax, working to end local slavery – i.e., sex trafficking. Through the Helping Exploited Youth (H.E.Y.) program, Open Door Centre is standing in the gap against sex trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Kingswood is opening the student’s Pulse Day to pastors and lay leaders in the District interested in opposing human trafficking. Join the students at Kingswood University’s Wesley Hall on Wednesday, April 4, 2018 from 9:30-11:30AM in Sussex, NB. Come learn about local trafficking and how you can engage your church “to bring justice”. Pastors are invited to take part in the special breakout session which will equip pastors in how to mobilize their congregations to oppose trafficking. Please RSVP by letting us know if you are a pastor or lay leader by March 16 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lunch can be purchased from the Kingswood Cafeteria following the sessions.
We are so honoured to partner with The Wesleyan Church to oppose modern slavery. It was a privilege to speak at Beulah Family Camp last summer, this Spring at Kingswood, and we look forward to co-hosting events with your wonderful community in the future. We hope to see you at KU in April!
Pastor’s reserve your leaders a spot at the NEXT CONFERENCE for 50% off on April 14. This is a full day conference, including lunch, for all Children’s Ministry Volunteers and Leaders. The first 100 Registrations from Wesleyan Churches get 50% off the conference fee! Contact Linda.email@example.com. for the DISCOUNT CODE and get your leaders registered soon.
Moncton, New Brunswick. These 24 hour worship intensives begin with a Worship Night on Friday and a day of instruction on Saturday. The workshop will cover both the heart of worship, as well as address the importance of working on your primary skills as a musician, vocalist, or audio tech.
All of the general sessions and workshops are designed to:
- Encourage and equip your entire worship team
- Deepen the spiritual life of each team member
- Be interactive, up-close and personal with each presenter
- Increase your passion for leading others in your local church
I encourage you to bring your entire worship team and take advantage of our group discount. Consider this event a 24-hour worship retreat that will inspire and strengthen your team and impact the congregations you serve. We’ve kept the registration affordable to allow for maximum participation. For groups of 4 or more, registration is only $45 (USD) per person. Individual registration is $53(USD). Please pass this information on to others who are involved in worship ministry. I hope you can join us for a transformational weekend.
Tickets Available Here: