As regular subscribers will know, IMA very rarely addresses political matters. The primary focus of this weekly e-newsletter is to share reports from around the Atlantic District. However, you are strongly encouraged to pray for our Members of Parliament as they vote today in an attempt to address the nation-wide controversy surrounding the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Both the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (EFC) and the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC) have been proactively engaged in recent months in voicing the concerns of how this radical shift will further affect freedoms for the Canadian Church. An in-depth CCCC article (the most recent of 15 posted) can be accessed here regarding the importance of today’s vote. In lieu of our “Matthew 9:38” prayer this morning to the Lord of the Harvest to raise up workers, I am calling on our district to intercede in the spirit of I Timothy 2:1-2, “…for Kings and all those in authority.” Please take a few minutes before you continue to pause and lift up those in the House of Commons.
- Kathy Jeffries (pictured above) will be candidating at Head of Millstream this Sunday (March 25th). She and her husband Tim are currently members of Norton (Mark Cooney).
- I preached the first of a two-message series at Blacks Harbour yesterday. It was an excellent service with 83 present and was followed by an LBA meeting and delicious seafood lunch with Interim Pastor Bruce & Roxie Cheney and ViceChair Lanny & Sandra Justason.
- Graham Perry (SJ1) received an extended call vote of 96% yesterday. Denn Guptill was onsite this week for Maximizing Impact coaching – excellent progress is being made with the recommendations. A Maximizing Impact Team is scheduled April 13-15 at Hartland (Dave Wilcox).
- Adam DeMerchant was announced yesterday at The Lighthouse (Tim Guptill) as the new fulltime Children’s Pastor. Welcome aboard Adam!
- This Thursday’s schedule included an hour Zoom with our General Superintendent and several DS leaders from across North America. These monthly interactions provide synergy and inspiration for our shared mission.
- Crystal (Peter Main) extended the right hand of fellowship to six new members yesterday (including two students).
- Joel Bridges will be candidating at Trinity on April 8th. He and his wife Kia have three children. His early upbringing was in the Church of the Nazarene on PEI and Kia grew up in Community Wesleyan in Monticello.
Congratulations to Matt Fahringer (Crosspoint) and his wife Ashlei on the birth of Blake Mary Ann Fahringer. She arrived March 8th @ 12:36 a.m. weighing in at 9 lbs. 8 oz. Her proud Daddy says, “She is the perfect addition to our little family. Mom was a rockstar (obviously) and big sister Harper is doing phenomenal in her new role.”
Thot: God created marriage. No government subcommittee envisioned it. No social organization developed it. Marriage was conceived and born in the mind of God. (Max Lucado)
Pastor’s reserve your leaders a spot at the NEXT CONFERENCE for 50% off on April 14. This is a full day conference, including lunch, for all Children’s Ministry Volunteers and Leaders. The first 100 Registrations from Wesleyan Churches get 50% off the conference fee! Contact Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org. for the DISCOUNT CODE and get your leaders registered soon.
Moncton, New Brunswick. These 24 hour worship intensives begin with a Worship Night on Friday and a day of instruction on Saturday. The workshop will cover both the heart of worship, as well as address the importance of working on your primary skills as a musician, vocalist, or audio tech.
All of the general sessions and workshops are designed to:
- Encourage and equip your entire worship team
- Deepen the spiritual life of each team member
- Be interactive, up-close and personal with each presenter
- Increase your passion for leading others in your local church
I encourage you to bring your entire worship team and take advantage of our group discount. Consider this event a 24-hour worship retreat that will inspire and strengthen your team and impact the congregations you serve. We’ve kept the registration affordable to allow for maximum participation. For groups of 4 or more, registration is only $45 (USD) per person. Individual registration is $53(USD). Please pass this information on to others who are involved in worship ministry. I hope you can join us for a transformational weekend.
Tickets Available Here:
MAY 11-12,2018 | MONCTON, NB
The ONE CONFERENCE is a regional event that inspires and equips students to unite as one body, under one God, for one mission. It’s more challenging than ever for students to live out their faith boldly. By coming together in worship and in mission, we all can build a network of faith-fueled students who are not only willing, but equipped to live and love like Jesus in their schools and neighborhoods.