Praise God for the seven baptisms celebrated this weekend at Crosspoint (Mark Brewer). This follows a record Easter attendance of more than 775 and 12 salvations. Crosspoint has also raised $5200+ for our partnership with Coconut Island Wesleyan (a remote peninsula in Western Haiti) where Missions Pastor Dave Rowe is currently leading a team to help build these funded structures in that village. Worship Pastor Jamie Cambers recently returned from leading a Crosspoint team to Cambodia with GP Missionaries Peter and Cathy Hayes.
- At 83 years of age, Seniors Pastor Bernard Brown of Presque Isle (Bud Fancy) has yet to learn the meaning of the word “retirement” and was Ordained 60 years ago (1958). It was my privilege while spending a day with the PIWC Staff to take this picture above where Bernard is leading a weekly Tuesday morning Senior’s Bible Study. This incredible Kingdom servant shows up most days at the church office and asks what he can do to serve. Inspiring. We are stronger together because of leaders like this amazing man.
- Matt Maxwell (Journey) shares this exciting report, “We had a Raise The Roof concert this weekend with local talent including Richard Paul, Khoury Fraser, The LaPointe’s and our own Youth Band. We raised over $18,000 for our roof project, bringing our total to about $70,000 with our goal being $100,000! Also, we have had amazing services with higher than average attendance and many new people. Our Easter weekend total (including Good Friday service) was 693.”
- Lisa Graden candidated yesterday and has accepted a very strong vote to serve as the next Lead Pastor of Crystal. She and her husband Lee will begin at the usual time of transition this summer.
- It was my privilege to complete a two-part series on “Healthy Conflict in the Local Church” at Blacks Harbour (Bruce Cheney) yesterday morning. The service concluded with an announcement that John & Willo Ann Symonds would be present next Sunday morning – stay tuned for an update next IMA!
- Woods Harbour (Jason Parker) celebrated 2 more baptisms this week with 107 in attendance. Great days!
- Corbett Avenue (Troy McKnight) announced yesterday that Jason & Marla Vienneau (and their three children) will be candidating on April 22nd. Jason is currently serving as a Campus Pastor at The Point Church in Miramichi.
- Jacob Ebbett (Lower Brighton) had 55 in worship yesterday with a powerful salvation testimony following the service. God is so good!
- Joel & Kia Bridges (Grayson, Emerson, Elliott) candidated this weekend at Trinity (Brian Murray). Joel has accepted a near unanimous vote to come and serve as the next Lead Pastor.
- AJ Thomas (Deep Water) has accepted a near unanimous extended call vote this weekend.
- After an afternoon meeting yesterday with the Beals (Nick Wilson) LBA, I had the opportunity to stop by the weekly AWANA supper co-led by both the Jonesport (Andy Phillips) and Beals churches.
Thot: We need today a fresh spirit of anticipation that springs out of the promises of God. We must declare war on the mood of non-expectation and come together with childlike faith. Only then can we know again the beauty and wonder of the Lord’s presence among us.” (A. W. Tozer)
Join us on Tuesday, April 10 at 12:00 PM EST for our upcoming discipleship webinar
Intentional Discipleship: How does it look to do discipleship on purpose and with a plan? Join Rev. Kim Gladden (director of Discipleship for The Wesleyan Church), Rev. Scott Moore (pastor of First Wesleyan Church in Tuscaloosa, Alabama) and Rev. Wes Dupin (pastor of Daybreak Church in Hudsonville, Michigan) on April 10 as they discuss intentional discipleship.
Would you like to know what intentional discipleship looks like? Join us for a great conversation with Wesleyan pastors.
We welcome you to share with us in advance any questions you might want to hear about during the conversation. Please reply to this communication and let us know what you want to hear about.
Looking forward to having you with us!
Celebrating every time a disciple makes a disciple and a church multiplies itself…
Pastor’s reserve your leaders a spot at the NEXT CONFERENCE for 50% off on April 14. This is a full day conference, including lunch, for all Children’s Ministry Volunteers and Leaders. The first 100 Registrations from Wesleyan Churches get 50% off the conference fee! Contact Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org. for the DISCOUNT CODE and get your leaders registered soon.
Moncton, New Brunswick. These 24 hour worship intensives begin with a Worship Night on Friday and a day of instruction on Saturday. The workshop will cover both the heart of worship, as well as address the importance of working on your primary skills as a musician, vocalist, or audio tech.
All of the general sessions and workshops are designed to:
- Encourage and equip your entire worship team
- Deepen the spiritual life of each team member
- Be interactive, up-close and personal with each presenter
- Increase your passion for leading others in your local church
I encourage you to bring your entire worship team and take advantage of our group discount. Consider this event a 24-hour worship retreat that will inspire and strengthen your team and impact the congregations you serve. We’ve kept the registration affordable to allow for maximum participation. For groups of 4 or more, registration is only $45 (USD) per person. Individual registration is $53(USD). Please pass this information on to others who are involved in worship ministry. I hope you can join us for a transformational weekend.
Tickets Available Here:
MAY 11-12,2018 | MONCTON, NB
The ONE CONFERENCE is a regional event that inspires and equips students to unite as one body, under one God, for one mission. It’s more challenging than ever for students to live out their faith boldly. By coming together in worship and in mission, we all can build a network of faith-fueled students who are not only willing, but equipped to live and love like Jesus in their schools and neighborhoods.