KIngswood University held their annual summer-end staff party at Beulah on Saturday. Lots of activities and a meal marked the day. Great to have them on the grounds.
SPECIAL NOTICE: The district office will wrap up our summer activity at Beulah on Friday of this week. We will be closed next Monday for Labour Day and also on Tuesday for moving day. We will reopen in Moncton next Wednesday, Sept 7th.
- Crosspoint had a group ministering in New York City this past week. Excellent reports.
- JOY – (Just Older Youth) held their annual event at Beulah over this past weekend. Mystery speakers highlighted the Friday and Saturday sessions and Dr. Steve Lennox from Kingswood preached yesterday morning. Mark Cooney led worship for the weekend. There were 106 registered as Pastor Mel Norton provided overall leadership once again this year – thanks Mel.
- Jarrett O’Donnell, student ministry pastor at Woodstock resigned last Sunday.
- Pastor Wayne Briggs will conclude his ministry at Browns Flat Fellowship effective Nov 6th. His good work across the years is deeply appreciated. Their Advisory Committee has invited Steve Bradley to meet with them this week to discuss the position which will be filled in the usual time next year.
- Kings Church is having a major kids outreach coming up soon – watch for a report.
- Every pastor’s dream email…..A J Plaizier tweeted yesterday “Woke up to an email from a guy in our church saying, “I need to become a Christian. How do I do that?”
Baptisms continue, especially pastors honoured to baptize their own children. The pic above is of Ryan Farrell – Nackawic – baptizing his three daughters yesterday morning.
Jacob Ebbett – Lower Brighton – saw one person saved yesterday and had four baptized including 2 of his own children.
Kevin Wilson – Halifax Metro – baptized 3 yesterday morning and Halifax Deep Water – AJ Thomas – baptized 5 yesterday also. It is so encouraging and energizing to see baptisms around the district nearly every week all summer – onward and upward!
Our District Board of Ministerial Development (DBMD) Executive Committee met on our cottage veranda for an entire afternoon last week as we reviewed all of the Annual Service Reports (ASR) from our ministerial tribe for 2016. Great afternoon together. Thanks to Dale MacDonald, Greg Hanson and Peter for focused work as the 4 of us cared for this important task. Follow up in some cases will be ongoing.
THOT: “You can tell if a man is clever by his answers. You can tell if a man is wise by his questions.” – unknown
ON SECOND THOT: “You’ll never plough a field turning it over in your mind.” – An Irish Proverb
10 Day tour of the Holy Land with Pastor Tim and folks from Moncton Wesleyan
March 26- April 6, 2017
Cost is approximately 3800/person which includes air fare and land fare in Israel including some meals.
For more info contact Joyce Gildart at firstname.lastname@example.org