Twenty-five leaders from across North America, including our own Peter Moore, gathered for three full days in Indianapolis this week at the invitation of our General Superintendent, Dr. Wayne Schmidt. The group was selected as a representation of key headquarters leaders, district leaders, and local church leaders who demonstrate apostolic imagination/initiative/intuition (AI) through their ministry.
The high level passion for the lost and expressions of vulnerability were deeply humbling and inspiring. God is stirring a new day of alignment and preparation for a great harvest in our Wesleyan tribe. Please pray for our GS and for the General Board as they continue to follow the Spirit’s leading in how our church can better unleash the full impact of leaders entrusted with AI gifts.
- Joel Gorveatte, who currently serves as Senior Pastor at the First Wesleyan Church of Tuscaloosa, Alabama and his wife Tracy will be in Moncton for a few days this week. Joel will be candidating next Sunday for the Lead Pastor position at our Moncton church with a vote scheduled for next Sunday night.
- It was mentioned last week that Mike Tapper has accepted a position in an educational institution outside Canada. I am able now to confirm that Mike will be serving as Program Chair for the Religion Department at Southern Wesleyan University in Central, South Carolina.
- Doug Tatton has resigned at West Head and will be moving back home to Grand Manan to assist in the care of Rose’s aging dad.
- It’s Monday Again – IMA – scored a hat trick last month with a record number of subscribers; a record percentage of opens and a record raw number of opens. Thanks to all of you who are a part of the growing and faithful IMA tribe.
- President Steve Lennox was special guest speaker at Presque Isle over the weekend.
- I was on Grand Manan over the weekend and following a very close vote on pastoral leadership, the matter has been referred to the DBA which will be meeting for the regular spring meeting next week.
- About 115 days till Beulah 2017. Call the district office at 506-383-8326 to purchase the Mark Lowry concert tickets – credit cards now accepted.
Check out the 2017 Caton’s Island promo video. Registration is now open for all summer camps. Be sure to register early as camps fill up fast and summer will be here before you know it!
THOT: “The essence of immorality is the tendency to make an exception of myself.” – Jane Addams
ON SECOND THOT: “Failure is the path of least persistence.” – Zig Zigler
BONUS THOT: “The chains of habits are often too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.” – Warren Buffet
Kingswood’s Master of Arts in Pastoral Theology’s Upcoming Course Announcement:
Speaker: Dr. Bob Whitesel (D. Min., Ph.D.)
Course: “Missional Pastor: Evangelism and Discipleship”
Where: Kingswood Campus
When: May 1-5, 2017
Who can attend: MAPT students and anyone can take up to two MAPT courses for credit or audit without enrolling in the MAPT program
Want to know further details? Contact Dr. Ken Gavel at email@example.com.
What is God really like?
A punishing judge? A doting grandfather?
A deadbeat dad? A vengeful warrior?
Join Brad Jersak (author, speaker, church planter, theologian) for a seminar about God’s identity.
March 18, 2017
Stone Church, Saint John, NB
Registration fee per person. Refreshments included*
Pastors! Send your Children Ministry team to The Huddle, a children ministry leaders training event. It’s a one-day, affordable event for your entire children’s ministry team. Sunday school teachers, nursery workers, VBS helpers, children church leaders and volunteers experience the excitement and energy of discovering practical, new ideas they can use NOW from a team of passionate and dedicated leaders.
Get ready for a time of growth, renewal, and fun! Join us at a location near you.
Discover practical ideas and connect with other leaders!
NB Huddle – April 1 – 1–4 pm – $10/person
Journey Wesleyan Church – Fredericton NB
NS Huddle – May 13 – 9 am – 12:30 pm – $10/person
Yarmouth Wesleyan Church – Yarmouth NS
To register contact Linda Lamos at: firstname.lastname@example.org