Sixty years ago this month, Rev. Jack MacKenzie was Ordained at Beulah Camp. As he was unable to attend the Ordination Service on July 13, it was an honour for us (their Pastor Graham Perry, Ellen, and myself) on behalf of our Atlantic Tribe to present him (along with Charlene) a statue of John Wesley on horseback. Their Kingdom service is a celebrated part of our heritage – may the numbers of their tribe, in our tribe, increase!
Thank you for the support and prayer you have offered Jack & Charlene during these difficult days following the passing of their son Wayne. Their witness in the face of grieving the loss of now three of their four children is a great testament to the power of holiness wrought in their hearts by the Spirit.
On my first post-Beulah Sunday as your DS, it was inspiring to visit a very creative and effective summer approach offered by Sussex Wesleyan Church. “Breakfast Church” invites families to enjoy their morning meal together as they enter into a 9:30 a.m. worship experience with the theme of Little Big Shots: Tiny Books Packing a Big Punch. Another great idea well executed by Don & his team.
- Moncton Wesleyan was out on the streets this weekend sharing Christ’s love with the community. The “Love My City” event offered free bicycle repair, inflatables, popcorn, free BBQ, drinks, drawings and giveaways, clothing, Bibles and live music with musicians from the church. The highlight was MWC partnering to build gardens for the public school in the neighbourhood.
- Four baptisms were held on the Beulah beach on July 16 under the leadership of Pastor Mel Norton and Pastor Dave McElhinney – PTL!
- Executive Director of Camp Ministry Andrea Gunter served as Camp Pastor on Caton’s Island this week and saw 12 first-time decisions for Christ and 9 recommitments – God is good! (Take note of the new Labour Day Family Camp Weekend opportunity in the upcoming events below.)
- Kings Church just concluded their initial three-year partnership with their partner church in Maïs Gaté, Haiti, by hosting Pastor Solon Cledion and his wife for a nine-day visit. During the visit, they participated in our weekend services and shared their heart for Haiti during our “Haiti Night” last Monday. KC has extended the partnership an additional three years, where the church in Maïs Gaté also operates a school and hosts a Compassion project. Missions/Connections Pastor Greg Hanson had this to celebrate, “We were able to gather 59 child sponsorships for this project, and just hours before he and his wife began their journey back to Haiti, we were able to tell Pastor Solon that the final sponsorship had been claimed!”
- The Caton’s Island Session of the Camp Board convened for its semi-annual meeting on July 20. Hats off to the campers staying in one of the two new cabins constructed this summer who had decorated with a jungle theme – complete with a gator pond.
Radical Thot (a seasoned word from a great man):
Just because the famine comes doesn’t mean that God isn’t with us. It just means that we need to trust Him. (Nick Graham)
Random Thanks (an unsolicited word from a grateful Mom):
I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you so very much for another wonderful Beulah family week! We are so grateful. Everyone just goes above and beyond in every capacity. I am grateful for the experiences my children have there to grow in faith and fellowship and the examples they see there that will shape them and give them wonderful memories for years and years to come. You all are just amazing! Already looking forward to next year. (Lisa Law)
Join us for our first-ever Beulah Camp Family Weekend, Sept. 1-4!
Ready for a relaxing weekend of family fun before school starts? Bring your whole family and add to your Summer 2017 memories with: Minute to Win It Family Fun, ‘Just for Parents’ workshop with Pastors Jay & Sharon Guptill, fun group activities for kids and teens, The Amazing Race: Family Edition, Sunday morning service with award-winning Canadian Christian artist, songwriter, and worship leader Brad Guldemond, boat rides on the St. John River, beach bonfires, swimming, family movie night and more!
Registration Deadline: Friday, August 25.
First 20 families to register will receive a 10% discount!
Payment by cheque mailed to The Atlantic District Office or with credit card by calling District Office (506) 383-8326 – Moncton office, Monday-Thursday, 9am-4:30pm
JOY Ministry Seniors Weekend
Speaker – Rev. Dave McElhinney
Registration Forms at District Office or check with your Lead Pastor
Getting ready to plan your summer vacation? Why not celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday by exploring one of its most beautiful regions – the Maritimes! To help make that happen, Kingswood has put together an unbeatable deal! Check it out here: https://www.kingswood.edu/150