Crosspoint (John Symonds) held its 10th annual Uprising conference over the weekend. 236 women came with a passion, hunger, and enthusiasm for the Lord that was so evident. Brittany Trafton and Carolina Parker brought messages around the theme of Reconcile. God showed up and changed lives and those who attended did not leave the same. Thank God and bring on Uprising 2021!
Pastors who lead change in their churches will face resistance, which often can become hostile—and even personal. That’s because change threatens the equilibrium of the congregation and survival instincts take over. We interpret the anxiety as an attack, which leads to reactivity in the congregation. When pastors are trained to lead change, they are not typically taught those dynamics. As a result, pastors are often hurt, and churches are often crippled. This dissertation examines those issues and prescribes a path forward where pastors can lead change in a healthy manner so people are well-cared for and mission is not compromised.
- Ken (April) Banks accepted the unanimous vote yesterday of Blacks Harbour to serve as Lead Pastor beginning at the usual time of pastoral transition in July. Dr. HC led the congregation in prayer over the Banks family at the conclusion of yesterday’s election.
- Rich (Katie) Thomas accepted the congregational vote of Easton and the District Appointment for Community (Fort Fairfield) to serve as Lead Pastor of both congregations. Tony (Teena) Stevens will conclude nearly five years of ministry on March 22nd and the Thomas’ will begin their ministry in “The County” on Palm Sunday (April 5th).
- Jim (Diane) Agrell received a unanimous recommendation on Tuesday from the Encounter LBA for a congregational vote on March 22nd to offer an extended call.
- Brittany Hayes (Family Life Pastor) announced her resignation yesterday at Journey(Matt Maxwell). She will continue to serve until the usual time of pastoral transition.
- Vince (Karen) Robertson received a unanimous four-year pastoral call yesterday at West Head.
- You are part of the long story of God. No-one can play your part but you. (Brian Sanders)
- May we never be satisfied vaccinating people with a mild case of Christianity. May we always be driven to make disciples who learn, follow, love, and reproduce. (Tim Purcell)
- To simply wait for, hope for, or look to revival to solve the challenge of cultural engagement is a passive approach, and one would be hard pressed to find any biblical support for such “waiting.” (James Emery White)
Click HERE to enjoy an excellent word of perspective and anticipation from our General Superintendent. Additional links are available in this article to subscribe for up-to-date information on General Conference 2020 – Unleashed which will convene in St. Louis on May 31-June 3.
Join hundreds of men from all across the region at Valley location of Kings on May 1-2 as we seek to find, define, and empower the Y God has placed in each of us. In doing so, may we know life to the full and may those around us reap the benefits of knowing men who truly embrace our Y. Register HERE – Cost: $85.
The national office of The Wesleyan Church of Canada is pleased to provide access to some helpful documents for the pastors in our Canadian churches. Included in those documents are:
- Overview of the Retirement Plan Life insurance and Long-term disability benefits
- Information for the Wesleyan Retirement Plan
- New form for allocating contributions to a Tax Free Savings Account
- Prayer Poster for our Canadian Missionaries (current as of Dec. 31, 2019). Full size posters are available from: Stephen@wesleyan.ca
- Poster promoting the need/opportunities for Church Planting in Canada. Full size poster are available from: Stephen@wesleyan.ca
- Direct Deposit form for the financial support of our Canadian Global Partners missionaries (accelerates donor process by at least 50%)
- 2020 options/contact info for the National Cell Phone Plan (Bell Aliant)
Want to know more about the Atlantic District’s 2025 Horizon Storyline – Values-Driven Vision? Click here to see a one-page overview of this journey and click here for the 45-minute video 2025 presentation shared with our pastors.