Each night will feature Worship Leader Kelly Jay and the final night includes a Zoom choir with 15 worship leaders from around the Atlantic District.
Bring Your Bubble to Beulah
Are you in need of a break? Spend your staycation at Beulah Camp this summer! We have three cottages available for that perfect getaway. Stay a couple nights or a week. Come enjoy time at the campground and unwind.
- Yesterday, James (Gisèle) Clements was announced as the new Executive Pastor for Lead Pastor Joel Gorveatte (Moncton) beginning later this summer. Jim & Gisèle are both from Atlantic Canada but have been ministering in The Wesleyan Church in America for the past 25 years. Here is the video greeting they shared in the service. Welcome home!
- Another Moncton staff member was also announced – Austin (Jessica) White will be joining the team this summer as Youth Pastor. Congratulations!
- An encouraging word from Andrew Maves in Digby, “Just the most amazing thing to be with our church family this weekend. We had two fully booked services [yesterday] and are going to have to add more in the weeks ahead. Feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit as we gathered together for the first time in three months was intoxicating! And 10 brand new visitors on opening Sunday…Love it! That all with an incredible online presence that is continuing to join us from home…God is just so good!”
- Isaac (Tree) & Melanie Russell (New Hope) welcomed Sophie May Russell to their family on Tuesday, June 30th. Tree shared, “All 7 lbs. 1 oz. of her is perfect and we are in love!”
- A missionary family from our district who are serving in an area that requires special security (so full names cannot be used as this newsletter is posted online) added to their family in recent months. They named their son, Caton. And in the newsletter sent out, Dad had this to say about why:
- We’re already in the presence of God – what’s absent is our awareness. (Robert Rohr)
- If we take a risk we might not succeed, but if we avoid risks, we guarantee we won’t succeed. (Craig Groeschel)
- Jesus came to turn the world upside-right. (Natalie Gidney)
What if COVID-19 is the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?
- Check out this incredible resource for innovating discipleship and engaging your church family during the pandemic.
- Many churches are preparing for an unexpected summer of in-person services alongside an online option. This resource from Matt Steen provides a helpful rubric in self-evaluation for five possible approaches (old-normal, simul-service, building-feeder, campus-launcher, and digital-disciple). Which one best informs your strategy as you return to weekly onsite services?
Executive Director Tanya Nace shares, “I am excited to share World Hope’s Spring/Summer newsletter fresh off the press. Together with the Atlantic District, we have been transforming lives by rebuilding roofs in the Bahamas, rescuing young girls off the streets in Ukraine, providing water in Africa during COVID-19 and more. Read more here.“