- The third annual All Nations Service at Moncton (Joel Gorveatte) highlighted the integration of large numbers of newcomers into the church body over the last three years. Outreach & Missions Pastor Nathan Adams preached his final message on staff as he prepares to beginning his Ph.D. in Theology this fall.
- The church now has believers from Nigeria, Brazil, other countries in Latin America, South Africa, the Philippines, and India, along with growing numbers from Korea, China, the Middle East, Europe, and other African countries. New milestones of leadership development are being reached including the first immigrant students beginning ministry studies this fall at Kingswood University.
- One of the comments posted during the livestream service stated, “We are from Brazil, watching every Sunday. Soon, we are moving to Moncton and will be part of this great family. May God bless you!” #globalcollective
Presenters? AJ Plaizier & Mark Brewer
When? Thursday, July 30th @ 10:30 a.m. (Atlantic Time)
Where? Zoom – Please email email@example.com to register on or before Tuesday, July 28th
- The Examination of Candidates and Act of Ordination for the 2020 Class of Ordinands will occur in an invitation only abbreviated Zoom format in the near future. They will also be included in the July 2021 Ordination Ceremony during Beulah Family Camp. Congratulations to the following six Atlantic Ordinands! #raisingleadersParker Davis (Framework)
Jacqui Hill (Deep Water)
Liz Hoyt (Moncton)
Bradford Jordan (Blacks Harbour)
Victoria Rowe (Framework)
Ron Winters (Kings)
- Scott Prime (New Hope) was appointed by the DBA to serve as Assistant District Superintendent – congratulations! Deep appreciation is expressed on behalf of the Atlantic District to AJ Plaizier (Yarmouth) for his effective service, wise counsel, and Kingdom influence over the past three years.
- Amendments to the District Standing Rules will be distributed to Atlantic Ministers on or before September 1st.
- All terms for District leadership were extended by one year in keeping with the recommendation of HQ and following the pattern of most other districts during this pandemic.
- A resolution regarding Zone Reconfiguration was approved – CLICK HERE for details. Stay tuned for information regarding your assigned Pastor Cluster on or before September 1st.
- Pride must die in you, or nothing of heaven can live in you. (Andrew Murray)
- The joy and satisfaction that come from being faithful to Christ will always be richer than the mere ease that comes from drifting along the cultural current. (Jon Tyson)
- Time off won’t heal you when your problem is how you spend time on. (Carey Nieuwhof)
Bring Your Bubble to Beulah
Are you in need of a break? Spend your staycation at Beulah Camp this summer! We have three cottages available for that perfect getaway. Stay a couple nights or a week. Come enjoy time at the campground and unwind.
For more information or to book your 2020 Staycation:
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?
- Looking for a resource to track how your church family can register for multiple service options? Save-A-Seat may by just what you need!
- Check out this incredible resource for innovating discipleship and engaging your church family during the pandemic.
- Many churches are preparing for an unexpected summer of in-person services alongside an online option. This resource from Matt Steen provides a helpful rubric in self-evaluation for five possible approaches (old-normal, simul-service, building-feeder, campus-launcher, and digital-disciple). Which one best informs your strategy as you return to weekly onsite services?
CLICK HERE for more information about how to get involved!