- For Worship Leader Jay & Barb Muir (Kings) on the passing of her father,Ted Strong. We continue to lift you and your extended family up during these difficult days of loss. His funeral was conducted on Saturday at Moncton Wesleyan by Brent Ingersoll and Dan Lamos.
- For David & Carolyn McElhinney (River Valley) on Friday’s passing of her father the Rev. Dr. William Burbury. Dr. Burbury was ordained in 1957 into what is now the Atlantic District of The Wesleyan Church. This Facebook post by Dave (CLICK HERE) gives a beautiful overview of the many highlights of his life and ministry as pastor, counselor, and educator, including Interim President of Kingswood Universityin 1989-90. He was a godly man and effective leader whose optimism, joy, and warmth touched all those he served. Our thoughts and prayers are extended for all his children (Wanda, Carolyn, Elaine, & Warren – and their families), and especially for his dear wife, Wilma. In honour of his wishes, he will be cremated and a TBD private family celebration of his life will take place in Presque Isle, Maine when travel restrictions allow.
- When we have seen the Lord, it makes all the difference in how we see the circumstances and uncertainty around us. (Mel Norton) #morethanconquerors
- It takes confidence to be humble. I push aside my preferences because I know I’m taken care of. I can move towards others. (Crawford Loritts)
- The worldling blesses God while he gives him plenty, but the Christian blesses him when he smites him: he believes him to be too wise to err and too good to be unkind; he trusts him where he cannot trace him, looks up to him in the darkest hour, and believes that all is well. (Charles Spurgeon)
Bring Your Bubble to Beulah
Are you in need of a break? Spend your staycation at Beulah Camp this summer! We have three cottages available for that perfect getaway. Stay a couple nights or a week. Come enjoy time at the campground and unwind.
For more information or to book your 2020 Staycation:
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?
- Looking for a resource to track how your church family can register for multiple service options? Save-A-Seat may by just what you need!
- Check out this incredible resource for innovating discipleship and engaging your church family during the pandemic.
- Many churches are preparing for an unexpected summer of in-person services alongside an online option. This resource from Matt Steen provides a helpful rubric in self-evaluation for five possible approaches (old-normal, simul-service, building-feeder, campus-launcher, and digital-disciple). Which one best informs your strategy as you return to weekly onsite services?
Another great resource to serve the church has been recently developed by our very own Pete Benson. A three-part video series specifically addressing the “COVID Crisis and Your Personal Finances” is freely shared for your personal use and for use within your church as you seek to empower and disciple your congregation in this critical area. CLICK HERE to access the three videos. A 10-minute preview of Part One will be sure to convince you to make use of this valuable resource with your church family.