The LBA and The River family showed enthusiastic support for Mark as their new Lead Pastor during his pastoral installation. On Saturday, I also had the privilege of leading in a board retreat and it is clearly evident this is an excellent fit for both Pastor and church!Hartland (Dave Wilcox) youth group attended Encounter Online at Kingswood University last weekend with 800 students across North America. Pastor of Worship & Youth, Devon McAllister, reported three first-time commitments, three recommitments, and two who answered the call to full-time ministry!
- A special report from Site Pastor Rob McDowell on October’s Cornerstone (Denn Guptill) Windgate launch.
- An energizing final report was presented from the Task Force appointed rising from the 2019 District Conference substitute motion. This was prayerfully engaged and next steps were determined to implement and further explore the many excellent ideas and insights. Hats off to this group of Kingdom leaders!
- A special time of prayer for our pastors and churches across the Atlantic District as we continue to lead in these uncertain days.
- Funding for Kingdom multiplication was approved for the Live Well (Tim Long) satellite launch in Tiverton in the coming months.
- An update on summer Camp Ministry from Executive Director Tami Mutch-Ketch.
- By action of the DBA, Denn Guptill now serves as District Secretary, Sharon Guptill as District Treasurer, and Rev. Tanya Nace as Ministerial Member-at-Large for NL/NS/PE. Congratulations Tanya – welcome to the DBA!
- Faith in times of adversity makes the serpent swallow itself! (Norman Grubb)
- COVID is a mirror and COVID is also an accelerant. This virus shows you who you are as a person and an organization. Wherever you were headed and whatever you were going to become, you got there quicker and it happened sooner. (Brian Dodd)
- Disconnecting from change does not recapture the past. It loses the future. (Kathleen Norris)
The Atlantic District is partnering with WHI Canada to provide the opportunity for you to participate in giving to bring hope to the vulnerable. World Hope has selected these three urgent and important projects (CLICK HERE) for your church to take up a special Christmas offering and make a kingdom impact globally.
- Monthly costs on plans are REDUCED by approximately $7 to $15 per month
- FREE Canada to U.S. long distance calling is included on all plans
- LOWER costs for upgrades to newer phones every 36 months (vs. every 30 months)
- Data options ranging from $33/month for 3GB to $60/month for 10GB
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?
- Check out these great resources above at www.wesleyan.org – we are blessed by the many ways our denominational leadership serves the front lines of the local church.
Click here to see a one-page overview
Click here for the 45-minute video 2025 presentation