Lower Brighton (Jacob Ebbett) has a long-term partnership with Harvest House Woodstock. Jacob attends the Thursday Bible Study there and leads it every other week. He shared this exciting news, “On February 28 we held baptisms. We had two scheduled and two others came forward that night. It was a great experience!”
- Congratulations to Jay Guptill on receiving a unanimous Extended Call renewal this Tuesday as Lead Pastor at Hillside!
- Congratulations to Stefan & Deborah Gilbert (Cornerstone) on Thursday’s arrival of 13-year-old twin boys! Welcome to the Atlantic Tribe, Cody & Gregory – an exciting day of legal adoption and a new chapter for the Gilbert family. Is eight enough? Only time will tell…
- Nackawic (Ryan Farrell) is experiencing one of its top three highest years in missions giving in the midst of a pandemic! (Nice product placement, Ryan… #explorationessentials)
- The transforming work of the Holy Spirit was powerfully celebrated during a baptism at Saint John First (Graham Perry) on the last Sunday of February. CLICK HERE (timestamp 6:35) and celebrate how God truly works all things together for the good of those who love Him.
- Kevin Myers (Brazil Lake) is a also a gifted carpenter. He and several from the congregation have partnered over recent months with Humankind NS to build a completely new kitchen for a family who was in desperate need. CLICK HERE to enjoy this inspiring 8-minute story of how God is using the Church to serve the community.
- In a conversation with one of our Pastors this week, I was introduced to an excellent resource recommended by Focus on the Family to appropriately educate younger children on internet dangers called Good Pictures Bad Pictures: Porn-Proofing Today’s Young Kids. It also has a junior version for even younger children.
- As you know from previous IMA editions, I have been enjoying connecting with all of our Lead Pastors in one-on-one Zoom appointments in lieu of pandemic travel restrictions which caused us to cancel our winter DS Dialog Days. It was a full and encouraging week with 15 sessions in all (including the three above).
(Mike Agrell – The Ridge, Shawna Rogers – River Valley, Bud Fancy – Framework, Joel Bridges – Trinity)
The time spent listening to and praying with our Lead Pastors has been the highlight of my week. We are blessed as an Atlantic Tribe with Kingdom leaders who love the Lord and His Church and are serving with diligence and perseverance during these challenging days.
Pastor Cluster Leaders will be meeting this Wednesday with Dr. Dann Spader to review the material for the April, May, & June clusters. His work using the Four Chairs of Discipleshipand his book Disciple-Making Metrics will provide substantive conversations for our Local Church Discipleship Pathways.
Points to Ponder
- Pride builds walls, humility opens doors. (Johnny St-Onge)
- There will be three effects of nearness to Jesus – humility, happiness, & holiness. (Charles Spurgeon)
- We will miss the opportunity to see people grow if we won’t meet them with love right where they are. (Bob Goff)
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?
Check out these great resources above at www.wesleyan.org – we are blessed by the many ways our denominational leadership serves the front lines of the local church.
- Sermons: We’ve recorded two sermons which churches can use to provide a respite for those preaching. We plan to provide more sermons in the coming weeks.
- Greeting and update: We have included a brief video update on how God has been working at Kingswood University during the past 10 months. Churches deserve to know how we’re stewarding their investment.
- Free classes: Pastors may welcome the opportunity to sit in on a virtual class session to learn more about a topic of interest. The care package contains a list of classes and syllabi for those classes. Anyone interested can contact our Registrar for more information or to register (email@example.com or 506-432-4406).
- Seminar on Personal Wellness: We’ve provided a video file to a seminar presented by Dr. Allen Lee, Professor of Christian Counselling at Kingswood University.
- Youth group: Seasoned youth speakers, Shaun Miller and Zach Painter, are happy to lead a virtual youth service for an evening. If COVID-related restrictions allow, this could be done in-person. Anyone interested should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently, Shaila Visser of Alpha Canada hosted a conversation for church leaders with the experienced panel of Charles Price, Darrell Johnson and our very own, Pastor B. The goal? To encourage pastors who are experiencing the unique pressure of this season to pause and not give up on the calling God has given them. Together these three inspirational Kingdom leaders have over 156 years of ministry experience! Grab a coffee and CLICK HERE to fuel the fires of faithfulness and fruitfulness as you invest your influence this week.
- The six-day camp will begin with an evening service on Tuesday, July 6 and concluding with a morning service on Sunday, July 11.
- A full four-day program for kids and youth will be scheduled during the mornings of Wednesday – Saturday and each of these days will offer a morning and evening service in the Tabernacle.
- District Conference will be held on Thursday, July 8.
- Ordination will be held for the Class of 2020 & 2021 on Friday, July 9 with President Lennox preaching and National Superintendent Steve Elliott presiding.
- Save-A-Seat online registration has been purchased and will be used to preregister all services, programs, and dining hall meals which will be limited based on physical distancing regulations.
- Our Camp Evangelist will be Rev. Jon Wiest (pending border/quarantine restrictions)