- PRYME partnered with a Baptist church in town to host a weekly school group with 24 students, four staff and two pastors. Only four of the students had a church home – please pray!
- In a different school, we had 20 students. Out of those students, six of them have come to youth for the first time in the past couple months.
- Online and in person attendance totaled 91 on Wednesday.
- We thought COVID would drop our numbers, but God has blessed us with 130 unique students between our three programs (two schools plus at the church).
- God is moving in one of our youth small groups , 7 students (50% of the small group) want to get baptized!
- …local church ministry?
- …community evangelism and outreach?
- …marketplace ministry?
- …new Kingdom locations/expressions?
- …vocational ministry?
Jon Wiest (Groundswell) conducted the final training session on Tuesday evening for 10 of our Atlantic churches. This training has prepared a pastor-lay leader team from each church to lead the Breakout Exercises during the fall Mobilization Pipeline Cohort. Each Lead Pastor will have opportunity to take advantage of this resource by registering a clergy/lay duo from their church. Each duo will participate in a six-session cohort this fall to develop a contextualized Mobilization Pipeline blueprint in answer to the questions above.
- Never negate the power of prayer. Don’t be like the apostles who tried on their own before they asked Jesus for help. (Denn Guptill on Matthew 8:26 #favouriteverse)
- Fun is just as important as any other healthy discipline, and you need to make time for it. (Annie Downs)
- Your body cannot maintain a world where you don’t do things that are healthy for you. (Annie Downs)
All credentialled Atlantic Ministers should have received an email from HQ with login instructions for TWC HUB, our new online reporting system. If you did not receive this email please check your spam folder. CLICK HERE to access the excellent instructional videos for all reports due – especially your Annual Service Report (ASR), Please do notcontact Karrilee at the District Office for assistance until AFTER you have viewed the instructional video and are still having difficulty completing your report. The Local Church Statistical Report (LCSR) email will go out directly from HQ to all Lead Pastors on May 1st. Note to Lead Pastors: Keep in mind there is a separate box to record online attendance which we look forward to celebrating at unprecedented levels in this pandemic year of ministry. Please kindly resist the temptation to include ANY virtual stats in the Primary Worship Average for in-person attendance.
- Holy Spirit, fill and lead me
- Use me for breakthrough witness
- The calling of workers —ministers, missionaries and marketplace multipliers
- Disciples making disciples
- Churches multiplied
- Churches don’t have to worry about unintentionally hurting individuals who have not been able to be mothers or fathers
- This project saves the church time (and often money) because no shopping or preparations are needed to honour mothers and fathers
- This year, a financial gift in honour of mothers and fathers will relieve some of the pressure from COVID regulations of giving items to people
- The church as a whole gives a gift to help mothers and fathers who are vulnerable and hurting around the world
- The church promotes an outward need that is global in nature while honouring the parents (whether biological or heart) in their congregation.
The Future is Bright: An online gala event!
- The six-day camp will begin with an evening service on Tuesday, July 6 and concluding with a morning service on Sunday, July 11.
- A full four-day program for kids and youth will be scheduled during the mornings of Wednesday – Saturday and each of these days will offer a morning and evening service in the Tabernacle.
- Ordination is tentatively scheduled for the classes of 2020 & 2021 on Friday, July 9 with President Lennox preaching.
- Save-A-Seat online registration has been purchased and will be used to preregister all services, programs, and dining hall meals which will be limited based on physical distancing regulations.
- Our Camp Evangelist will be Rev. Jon Wiest (pending border/quarantine restrictions).
- There will be neither an in-person nor an online District Conference this summer. The General Board has approved districts which deem it best due to pandemic travel restrictions to conduct the business of the District Conference by the DBA in July. This option was also elected last summer.
- On or before June 7th, the DBA will make a final decision regarding Beulah Family Camp pending an open border between NB & NS. If BFC is cancelled it will also result in a private Zoom Ordination Service for 2021.
When: May 5th @ 2:00 p.m Eastern Time
What: A Webinar entitled, “Stewardship of Your People Through Policies and Practices”
Why: It’s easy to overlook the creation and implementation of some HR policies as being unnecessary administrative work; maybe you think your team is too small, or that your employees understand the rules and expectations well enough as it is.
How: CLICK HERE for information and registration
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?