It’s Monday Again
- Holy Spirit, fill and lead me
- Use me for breakthrough witness
- The calling of workers —ministers, missionaries and marketplace multipliers
- Disciples making disciples
- Churches multiplied
The Atlantic DBMD Executive conducted the final spring interviews this week. These included the initial interview for Tracy Graf (pictured top right), as she has applied to transfer her Ordination from the Canadian Baptists of Ontario & Quebec. She will be formally joining the staff at Digby (Andrew Maves) this summer with a significant role in serving at the Cornwallis location. A great new addition to our Atlantic Tribe – welcome to Tracy & Rob!
Trauma-informed care is an important part of holistic discipleship, offering insights into more effective connection with children struggling with the impact of childhood trauma. CLICK HERE to request your church’s free 30-minute training from Hephzibah62:4!
Please pass on this opportunity for an excellent online, certificate course to any great ministerial students you know who have a passion for better understanding and serving vulnerable children and would be good stewards of this opportunity. See the testimonies of some past Kingswood University students who have been blessed by the course. CLICK HERE for complete information and the grant application.
Ellen joins me in expressing condolences on behalf of the Atlantic District Ministerial family to Anton & Louise Topilnyckyj (Miramichi) on the recent passing of her mother, Annie Willemsen. Her obituary is posted here with opportunity to share a personal word of support.
We continue to lift up Walter Perry and his family on Margo’s passing. Her obituary is posted here with more details regarding visitation and the celebration of her life which will take place at Kingswood University’s Saunders Irving Chapel on Tuesday, May 25, 2021 @ 1:00 p.m.
- Truth can set us free, but it can also get us crucified. So we put our head down. We close our eyes. Silence seems safer, but it isn’t. Today’s complacency is tomorrow’s captivity. (Mike MacNeil)
- Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. (Carl Bard)
- Doubt is not opposed to faith; despair is. (Michael Guinan, II Cor. 4:8 #perplexednotdespairing)
- The six-day camp will begin with an evening service on Tuesday, July 6 and concluding with a morning service on Sunday, July 11.
- A full four-day program for kids and youth will be scheduled during the mornings of Wednesday – Saturday and each of these days will offer a morning and evening service in the Tabernacle.
- Ordination is tentatively scheduled for the classes of 2020 & 2021 on Friday, July 9 with President Lennox preaching.
- Save-A-Seat online registration has been purchased and will be used to preregister all services, programs, and dining hall meals which will be limited based on physical distancing regulations.
- Our Camp Evangelist will be Rev. Jon Wiest (pending border/quarantine restrictions).
- There will be neither an in-person nor an online District Conference this summer. The General Board has approved districts which deem it best due to pandemic travel restrictions to conduct the business of the District Conference by the DBA in July. This option was also elected last summer.
- On or before June 7th, the DBA will make a final decision regarding Beulah Family Camp pending an open border between NB & NS. If BFC is cancelled it will also result in a private Zoom Ordination Service for 2021.
- Enter your date of birth, and your personal Blue Cross ID number (11 digits), and the Blue Cross policy number (10 digits, including the 000’s). These numbers are on your Blue Cross Health Care Card.
- After registering, you’ll be able to access General Practitioners on Maple in minutes. CLICK HERE to Register Now
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?