Fifty days after Christ’s resurrection, the Church was birthed in the Upper Room (Acts 2). Pentecost Sunday was celebrated yesterday across the International Wesleyan Church. Five themes were lifted up in prayer amid worship and testimonies from around the world as General Superintendent Wayne Schmidt (pictured below with his cohost) guided this hour of global intercession.
In the Spirit of this important day, Joanne Ozon (Hope) shared, “After one month in lockdown. Something powerful happened online in our LIVE service. There’s joy in the house – another sinner has come home! We had a gentleman accept Jesus Christ in his life as Lord and Saviour!”
- Leaders who don’t practice self-care will soon find themselves either burned out or heading down the path of self-indulgence. (Carey Nieuwhof)
- You will be misrepresented, you will be misunderstood … I want you to reframe that as the blessing that Jesus said it was. (Matt Chandler)
- Lament talks to God about pain. And it has a unique purpose: trust. It is a divinely-given invitation to pour out our fears, frustrations, and sorrows for the purpose of helping us to renew our confidence in God. (Mark Vroegop)
- The six-day camp will begin with an evening service on Tuesday, July 6 and concluding with a morning service on Sunday, July 11.
- A full four-day program for kids and youth will be scheduled during the mornings of Wednesday – Saturday and each of these days will offer a morning and evening service in the Tabernacle.
- Ordination is tentatively scheduled for the classes of 2020 & 2021 on Friday, July 9 with President Lennox preaching.
- Save-A-Seat online registration has been purchased and will be used to preregister all services, programs, and dining hall meals which will be limited based on physical distancing regulations.
- Our Camp Evangelist will be Rev. Jon Wiest (pending border/quarantine restrictions).
- There will be neither an in-person nor an online District Conference this summer. The General Board has approved districts which deem it best due to pandemic travel restrictions to conduct the business of the District Conference by the DBA in July. This option was also elected last summer.
- On or before June 7th, the DBA will make a final decision regarding Beulah Family Camp pending an open border between NB & NS. If BFC is cancelled it will also result in a private Zoom Ordination Service for 2021.
CLICK HERE for an excellent five-minute tutorial video
- Enter your date of birth, and your personal Blue Cross ID number (11 digits), and the Blue Cross policy number (10 digits, including the 000’s). These numbers are on your Blue Cross Health Care Card.
- After registering, you’ll be able to access General Practitioners on Maple in minutes. CLICK HERE to Register Now
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?