National Superintendent Steve Elliott, DS Eric Hallett and myself are always looking for ways The Wesleyan Church of Canada can be stronger together. Here’s a great opportunity that starts this week as Jason McCutcheon and Krista Shaver are going to be hosting a series of pastoral chats for Wesleyan pastors to talk about issues of mutual interest. The dual purpose is for practical learning from each other and for relationship enhancement between pastors.Here is the Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87936888296#success
The first one is on Tuesday, June 22nd (11:00 a.m. Atlantic Daylight Time) the topic of technology in ministry, specifically what churches have been learning about their on-line ministry. CLICK HERE for a a more detailed promo.
- Character is destiny. (David French)
- In ministry, your character will be tested more than your competency ever will be. (Carey Nieuwhof)
- The great mystery of ministry is that while we ourselves are overwhelmed by our own weaknesses and limitations, we can still be so transparent that the Spirit of God, the divine counselor, can shine through us and bring light to others. (Henri Nouwen)
Good things happen around a campfire. Stories are told. Laughs are shared. Songs are sung. Achievements are celebrated. Hearts and hands are warmed. Relationships are deepened. Disappointments of yesterday are diminished. Hopes for tomorrow are brightened. Spirits are lifted!
With so many continued 2021 disruptions in the historic summer connection points for our district family, you are invited to join me and several others from the tribe around a virtual campfire on Sunday, July 18th @ 7:00 p.m. ADT. This event will also be available for post-livestream viewing.
- Who is invited? Like most good campfires – anyone who wants to pull up a chair.
- Who will be there? Tami & I along with several other pastors and lay leaders from around the district.
- What will we be doing? Celebrating our good God with stories of HIs power at work during this pandemic and encouraging Kingdom leaders with how God is preparing the Atlantic District for the season ahead. This will be a mix of prerecorded and live segments and will be less than one hour (including the interactive pre/post conversations you will enjoy).
- How can I show up? A link for this midsummer night’s livestream will be provided in the coming weeks in It’s Monday Again. Why not plan now to gather with a few others at your church or home in mid-July (as pandemic restrictions allow), and share in the circle of His presence with us?
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?