It’s Monday Again
DBMD Chair Dale MacDonald (Woodstock) convened the DBMD Executive this week to complete the annual review of the the Minister’s Annual Service Reports (ASRs). We are blessed by these leaders who love our ministerial tribe and are committed to serving their calling as pastors.
Journey (Matt Maxwell) held it’s semi-annual Newcomer’s BBQ yesterday with perfect weather and a great turnout! Matt shared, “We have had well over 150 first-time attenders since the beginning of the pandemic lock down.” An encouraging word as pandemic restrictions are being lifted and in-person ministry is beginning to regain momentum.
NEXT is Global Partners’ mentored cross-cultural immersion experience for young adults. Pass along the NEXT website to anyone in your church who is searching for meaning and their place in God’s kingdom work. Download and share the 2-minute NEXT video in your service or in your church newsletters. The best next step for anyone interested is to fill out the inquiry form, and they will be contacted for a follow-up conversation. The website is constantly updated with the upcoming internship opportunities for spring, summer and fall.
The number one way Christians grow in their faith is through their personal time alone with God in His word. Join National Superintendent Steve Elliott for a 60-day challenge this fall to read and journal through a significant portion of the Old Testament. Cost of the Journals and reading schedule is $7.50/each (includes shipping). Send an email (email@example.com) to get the schedule/journals mailed out. Readings begin on Monday, September 13th.
Everything you need is located in this folder: https://bit.ly/3gnm7hU. You can also reach out to Jeremy with any questions or help you’d like with your youth ministry as his organization, the Youth Worker Community, is helping churches across our country better disciple students each week. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Another excellent resource to impact our youth headed into young adulthood is the “Pray for Me Campaign” – CLICK HERE to learn more.
- I want Jesus but I really like my comfort too. When it makes me uncomfortable, I want someone else to be like Jesus. (Sharon Guptill) #lovelikeJesus
- Walking in the Spirit begins with accepting you are fully known and unconditionally loved. (David Green)
- We opt for power instead of intimacy. (Henri Nouwen)
You are encouraged to take advantage of this free special opportunity to attend the Church Mental Health Summit 21, hosted by Hope Made Strong on September 10, 2021. The Summit is a one-day virtual event equipping the church to support mental health in their communities. (ChurchMentalHealthSummit.com)
There are over 40 speakers with sessions that cover 4 categories:
- Global Health – Addressing cultural impacts and those who serve in missions around the world.
- Community Health – Equipping churches to support those who struggle with mental health in their community.
- Church Health – Building a church culture that supports and serves mental health through programs.
- Leadership Health – Strengthening leaders’ mental health and addressing issues around compassion fatigue and ministry burnout.
Church Mental Health Summit 21 was created with the local pastor and church lay leader in mind by hopemadestrong.org, founder Laura Howe.
- Our friends at Ministry Architects have a new FREE resource library just for YOU and your Kids’ & Student Ministry leaders. It includes many helpful templates, dashboards and resources for Kids’, Student and Young Adult Ministry. They are excited to share these resources with you and hope this library will come at the right time as you begin looking forward to the next school year. To view this resource library, click here!