It’s Monday Again
God is reaching lives through our West Head family (Vince Robertson). This week Karen Robertson (top middle Zoom screen) led an online paint night with the N2Y Kidz and the kids are inviting their friends to join. Those leading and serving in children’s ministry are many times the unsung heroes of Kingdom impact in our churches. Our region is incredibly blessed with an effective army of disciple-makers who serve alongside the parents of young families.
Vince had the privilege yesterday to baptize this lady who connected with the church through Souper Saturday, a monthly meals on wheels program. Vince shared, “At Christmas Covid-19 restrictions would not permit caroling. So we baked cookies. I knocked on her door and she invited me in and asked about baptism. God had her heart prepared.” CLICK HERE to watch her baptism!
- Speaking of the Guptills, it was announced this morning at Browns Flat Fellowship that Jay & Sharon will be serving as Co-Pastors beginning after Beulah Family Camp in July as they launch Made for More Ministries.
More information will be coming before the end of February for how Pastors can develop a Rule of Life as part of establishing rhythms for renewal in Kingdom leadership. CLICK HERE for a detailed overview and practical workbook. I am currently scheduled for a 48-hour retreat later this month to develop and begin to implement this practice. All Atlantic ministers are strongly encouraged to take a 24-48 hour personal retreat before summer to ask the Lord how this tool may best apply to their rhythms of life in Kingdom leadership.
- All pastors will be receiving an email later this morning from the District Office with an offer to participate in providing data for research to provide tools for pastors to overcome the impact of stress. The goal of this research is to understand how Canadian pastors deal with stress and based on the findings and conclusions, to create tools to help us respond with greater resilience. It will require about 15 minutes of your time and must be completed this week if you volunteer to participate.
- Hollie McAfee shared, “Representing our church’s lay leadership in this effort has given me insight into the mission of the Wesleyan denomination in a way I’ve never experienced before. I’m looking forward to helping to share this growth with other members of our team.”
- Katie Betts added, “The sessions with Jon not only helped us create a mobilization blueprint, but it also provided common language between pastors and lay leaders, as we work towards our common goal.”
- God never left His throne. He was still in the transformation business during 2020 and 2021. (Benny Tate)
- In ways we don’t realize, pursuits that feel right and good and just and moral, can subtly shift our focus away from the priority of loving God and loving others. (Joel Gorveatte)
- Why do you want to work for God, but you don’t really want to be with Him? We are willing to run but not sit. (Sharon Guptill)
Looking for ways to invest in the CR leaders of your church?
This is the perfect opportunity to prepare for launching a Celebrate Recovery program!
CLICK HERE – Conference Registration Details.
CLICK HERE – Conference Speaker Details including Adam Brewer (Kings West)
Check out the Winter@Beulah page for information about the upcoming Winter Family Day activities planned for Saturday February 19th, lodging rentals, and to view the Winter@Beulah photography by Deborah MacCallum. Our Conference Coordinator Gail-Anne Brown email@example.com would be delighted to assist you in planning your stay. CLICK HERE to view a recent Facebook post with skating on Lake Galilee.