One of the once-in-a-lifetime events at Beulah 2015 will be the dedication of and open house at Heartland – the property so generously donated to the district by Mrs. Jean Irving. The event is scheduled for Saturday, July 11th at 2 PM.
The copy above is a newspaper ad that will be appearing this coming Saturday. Pastors, check the Atlantic District websites for this item which can be used as a promo for July 4th. The churches in a two-hour radius or so will be especially interested. Great family event to help launch Beulah 2015 – BBQ to follow at 5 PM.
- Dr. and Mrs. Steve Lennox received their Canadian work permits yesterday. Welcome to Canada!
- Doug Tatton will be candidating at West Head this coming weekend. He is concluding his ministry at Silver Lake Camp in Central Canada and we anticipate his ministry back on our district – all things being equal (whatever that actually means.)
- Ken Banks at Truro baptized 4 candidates yesterday, including his own daughter – on Father’s Day no less – very meaningful.
- Kevin Wilson announced to his congregation at Halifax Metro yesterday morning that the church will be relocating in September. They have been meeting in a school for several years and will be moving to the ScotiaBank Cineplex Theatre. This forward step is a positive move for them and was very well received and embraced by the congregation. Onward and upward.
- John Symonds baptized 11 candidates at Yarmouth yesterday morning including 3 walk ons. Great service was the word.
- Nick and Beth Graham got to have their daughters visit in Halifax over the weekend – nothing like family to lift the spirits – Happy Father’s Day Nick.
- Gary Churchill reports a concert at Miramichi with the Sky Family with 120 in attendance.
- Quote from Mark Brewer – Crosspoint “No better Sunday than when people stand to their feet for Jesus and the church goes wild! Such a great morning.”
- Denn Guptill and crew had extra seats out yesterday morning for the visit of the African Children’s Choir.
I was honoured to be the speaker at the Father’s Day service in Hartland yesterday and to talk with the dads about being “Fathers Who Aren’t in Heaven.” While some of the plans for the day had to be altered due to heavy rain, there was an excellent spirit, good crowd and top notch BBQ as part of the morning. Good to be with Pastor Dave and Dawn.
Gloria and I joined about 50 others on Wednesday evening at a surprise 80th birthday party for Hazen Ricker. It was a very enjoyable evening and I was pleased to be one of those who brought a few remarks commending Hazen for some 6 decades of faithful service to the Cause and to the Master. I was confident you would all enjoy this formal and dignified photo of the guest of honour:)
THOT: “The God who has been sufficient until now, should be trusted to the end.” – Charles H. Spurgeon
ON SECOND THOT: “When Jesus turned water into wine, it was a miracle. When autocorrect turned “liquid” into “liquor”, I had to meet with the deacons.” – Bad Church Secretary
Only a few weeks till Beulah 2015. It will be a great experience – Wayne Schmidt and Mark Wilson preaching/teaching; Jesus Film service with Director John Croft; special first-time Family Service; ministry outside the church celebrated; Heartland (the former Irving property) open house and dedication; Evening on the Blvd; meet new missionaries; hear the new President of Kingswood University; baptisms; Rhyno-led worship; three mystery preachers from our tribe; Maximizing Impact and Upon this Rock highlights; General Conference 2016 delegates elected and more. Don’t miss it. See YOU there.
Caton’s Island camp registration is open and camps are starting to fill up. Be sure and register soon!