Beulah 2015 begins this week. Programs are planned. Grounds and facilities are groomed and ready. Hearts are expectant. Prayers have been and are being offered. Preachers are prepared. Staff is in place. We are seeking the Master’s touch. Come and see what God may do.
Following the Friday prayer gathering and the Rodzilla family event on Saturday, the services will begin on Sunday morning at 10:30 with the singing of Beulah Land – don’t miss it.
Last week, some 40 young leaders who will be serving as Catons Island staff this summer were in a training session with Brent Dongell from Kingswood. Registration are up. Construction project is moving along. Matching grant is perking. Summer is looking good.
Kings Valley held a highly successful Everest VBS camp last week. Linda Lamos and her crew continue to provide top-notch children’s ministry.
Houlton also held an Everest VBS last week in cooperation with Military Street Baptist. The event was held in our facility and more than 300 people were involved including kids and volunteers. The two churches have been coopering in this way for a number of years and Pastor Wayne Robertson is commended for sending a strong testimony to the community that churches can work together for the Cause.
- Nick Graham’s tweet now home from his liver transplant: “I went to church this morning. It was awesome.” PTL!
- Congratulations to Rev Stewart and Phyllis Steeves who celebrated their 60th anniversary last week. Their family was present for the special occasion. Warm best wishes.
- BYF/JOY weekend coming up on August 14-16. Watch for details next week.
- Doug Tatton candidated in West Head yesterday. More word to follow.
- Two Kingswood students – Timothy Andrews and J J Gorveatte and others have been working on a project they call Creative MVMNT with an initial focus on small group curriculum. Check it out at www.creativemvmnt.com.
- I am in Wisconsin the early part of this week as the GS representative for their District Conference. I will also be at the Central Canada District Conference later in the week on Wesleyan Church of Canada matters. Peter and Karrilee will both be in the Beulah office throughout the week.
- Heather Bradley will join our summer district office staff for two weeks beginning on Wednesday of this week. Welcome back!
- GPAtlantic, under the leadership of Denn Guptill our missions guy, has totally refreshed our district missions website – looking good. Visit at www.gpatlantic.ca.
I got this great note from Andrew Maves and decided to share it in total here. Maves captured it well and my summary would not have improved it at all – Congrats for ongoing community impact!
Tim and I were honoured to attend the Digby & Area Board of Trade Business awards the other night at the Pines Resort. We are the first church to ever be nominated for any award and last night we won the “Community Contribution” award (Non Profit). It was a neat time and a great meal.
Passing it on,
“Thankful to have found a church with a heart for the community – Sussex Wesleyan.” – Stephen Lennox
ON SECOND THOT:
“What a morning! Awesome kickoff to Urban Legends, more salvations, now a BBQ. Love the summer!” – Mark Brewer
Only a few weeks till Beulah 2015. It will be a great experience – Wayne Schmidt and Mark Wilson preaching/teaching; Jesus Film service with Director John Croft; special first-time Family Service; ministry outside the church celebrated; Heartland (the former Irving property) open house and dedication; Evening on the Blvd; meet new missionaries; hear the new President of Kingswood University; baptisms; Rhyno-led worship; three mystery preachers from our tribe; Maximizing Impact and Upon this Rock highlights; General Conference 2016 delegates elected and more. Don’t miss it. See YOU there.
Caton’s Island camp registration is open and camps are starting to fill up. Be sure and register soon!