Beulah 2016 – July 1-10
With Drs. David Smith & Lenny Luchetti. Don’t miss it. Mark your calendar now. See you there!
Congratulations to Dave Rowe who was honoured by Houghton College as the Youth Pastor of the Year at our district conference. Dave was well deserving after his long and fruitful tenure as Youth Pastor in Houlton. We wish Dave and Vicki the Master’s best as they transition to Fredericton Crosspoint as Assistant Pastor.
Congrats to our Camp Caretaker Bruce Cheney and his wife Roxie on the safe arrival of a new grand baby this past week. Bruce’s comment on the pic “Cute don’t you think. The baby is not bad either.”
- Two well known and long serving laymen of our district passed away last week Their services will take place today and tomorrow – Doug MacCallum at Fredericton Crosspoint at 11 AM today and Dean Edgett at Moncton Wesleyan at 2 PM tomorrow with visitation today from 4-7 at the church. Our sincere condolences to Betty, Elizabeth and their extended families.
- Walter Perry lost his mother last week. Our sympathy to Walter and the entire family.
- Woodstock Wesleyan, Jacksonville United Baptist and Woodstock Baptist held a combined VBS last week – a great example of cooperation in shared ministry. Their special project for the week was raising support for Nick and Bert Graham.
- Fredericton Crosspoint and Corbett Ave did a Brewer/Plaizier preacher swap for the services yesterday. This old, new idea was very well received. Others may want to try this……
- I picked my grandson Grady up at Caton’s on Friday as his camp was wrapping up. Very impressed with the level of organization, the friendly staff and Grady’s great report on the week. Caton’s is such a blessing to our tribe and far beyond.
- Robin and Beth Churchill, GP Missionaries to Haiti, were featured last week in a special CBC News clip. Very well done.
- Gloria and I were at Beulah for service yesterday. Excellent presentation by Peter and Cathy Hayes, GP Missionaries under appointment to Cambodia. Are you supporting one or more of our M’s?
Halifax Deep Water held a basketball camp last week with positive feedback and great impact all round. Congrats to Pastor Jon and the DW crew for this creative community connection.
The Potato Blossom Festival was on this past weekend in Fort Fairfield and our church was selected as the place for the morning worship service. In addition to hosting the service, the church distributed some 35 cases of water at Festival activities – and they have circa 30 kids going to Kids Camp this week. Onward and Upward!
Several asked Scott and Elizabeth about the song list from Beulah 2015. Check the PDF. Thanks to the Rhynos!
THOT: “Don’t shine so others can see you. Shine so that through you, others can see him.” – C S Lewis
ON SECOND THOT: “Don’t roll in the mire to please the pigs.” – Charles H Spurgeon
If you’re looking for an exciting time at camp, combined with a great spiritual atmosphere, where you can experience God’s presence in a group or just by yourself, you’ve come to the right place. At Riverside Wesleyan Campground in Blaine, Maine , you’ll have dedicated counselors and pastors , as well as fellow Christians, who will help you any way they can. We offer a unique camping experience, in a beautiful scenic part of Aroostook county, where many people have found God’s plan for their lives and God has spoken to and blessed many hearts in many ways. Once you experience Riverside, you’ll hate to leave, and you’ll never be the same.
Senior’s Weekend – JOY Ministry – Just Older Youth
Beulah Camp, August 14-16 with Jay and Sharon Guptill
Registration Fee: $20. Meals $50
For further info please call Pastor Mel Norton 506-328-2659