Senior’s Weekend – JOY Ministry – Just Older Youth
Beulah Camp, August 14-16 with Jay and Sharon Guptill
Registration Fee: $20. Meals $50
For further info please call Pastor Mel Norton 506-328-2659
Beulah 2015 videos now available for viewing at https://vimeo.com/atlanticdistrict. Deep appreciation to Shane Grant for his help with this project. Thanks Shane.
Last Sunday, a baptism with one candidate was scheduled for Moncton. During the baptism, there were 14 spontaneous responses to the invitation to follow the Lord in the waters of baptism and four more following the service – 19 in all. Awesome. PTL!
Riverside 2015 concluded its season yesterday with Family Camp. Pastor Dave Zigler was the speaker and there are good reports from the camp. Thanks to camp chair Bud Fancy for his passion for and leadership to Riverside.
- Robin and Beth Churchill and their two youngest children will depart on September 8th for their first term as GP missionaries to Haiti. Thanks to all of you who are supporting them as they go. We are so proud to have them as a part of our district tribe.
- Bangor Pathway had their highest attendance of this church year last Sunday – right in the middle of the summer. Onward and upward.
- Our own Brittany Trafton has been appointed as the new Director of Enrolment at Kingswood University. Congrats to Brittany – so glad you are on the KU team.
- On Tuesday morning, I was honoured to speak at the funeral of Payson MacDonald in Moncton. Payson grew up in our Westchester church and we have been friends for more than 50 years.
- The funeral for Art Ingersoll was held here at Beulah on Tuesday afternoon. His well-lived life was well remembered in spoken word, song and sermon. Our sympathy is expressed to his daughter Marti, a member of our DBA, and to the extended family.
- Gloria and I dropped in on the evening service in the Tabernacle yesterday and enjoyed a concert by Emmaus Road. They were very well received with their expanded repertoire and new personnel.
River Valley held a baptism yesterday at Dominion Beach and seven candidates were baptized – six scheduled and one spontaneous. New life in Christ is such a blessing.
Global Leadership – GLS15 – was held this week and one of the live satellite locations was our Moncton church. This is an extremely impacting event every year and while I was not present this year, I am hoping to be at the fall presentation in NS. Read on for inspiration from GLS15….
From Brian Dodd: The final speaker was Craig Groeschel. Craig and LifeChurch.tv are known for using innovative technology to spread the Gospel to multiple locations around the U.S. and globally via Church Online. The following are Leadership Quotes From Craig from the Global Leadership Summit:
We’re not going to do this thing unless we do it right.
Your brain doesn’t know what you’re body can do.
There’s far more in you than you ever thought possible.
There’s way more inside you than you can imagine.
As your organization grows, your mindset has to change.
If you don’t change the way you think, you become the lid to your organization.
If my organization starts to struggle, I assume I am the lid.
What got you here, will not get you there.
Build Your Confidence.
Expand Your Connections.
Improve Your Competence.
Strengthen Your Character.
Increase Your Commitment.
The pathway to your greatest potential is straight through your greatest fear.
If you show me who you listen to, I’ll show you who you’re becoming.
You may be one relationship away from changing the course of your destiny.
Don’t try to copy what people do. Learn how they think.
You want to get around people you don’t understand.
Decide specifically where you need to improve – communication, listening, delegating, work ethic, feedback, hiring, recruiting, firing, cast vision, how you run meetings.
When we delegate tasks we create followers. When we delegate authority we develop leaders.
I am working on initiating rather than responding.
My calendar gets full of what everyone else is asking me to do.
Talent can get you to the top. Only character will keep you there.
If your character is not strengthening, your future is weakening.
We need to check our lives for leaks.
Why would I want to resist a temptation tomorrow that I can eliminate today?
You are only as strong as you are modest.
It is time to deal severely with that which could take you out.
There’s a big difference between “I kind of want this” and “I must do this.”
We are not spiritual consumers. We are spiritual contributors.
We are willing to do anything short of sin to reach people for Christ. We are willing to do things never done before to reach people never reached before.
Gloria and I had a brief two-day mini vacation over the weekend. We traveled to the extreme northeastern point of New Brunswick and I climbed the lighthouse on Miscou Island – one more thing off my bucket list. Great time.
THOT: Five Intangibles of Leadership from #GLS15
- Self-sacrificing love
- Sense of Meaning
ON SECOND THOT: “Everyone thinks forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have something to forgive.” – C. S. Lewis