The General Board (GB) met in Indianapolis this past week and processed items of special interest to our district. The item calling for the creation of an Established National Conference for The Wesleyan Church of Canada was approved and recommended forward to the General Conference in June of 2016 for final approval. This matter has already been approved by the International Conference as well as the Atlantic and Central Canada District Conferences.
We also processed the recommendations of the Membership Working Group; revised the Ministerial Restoration process; were briefed on Memorials headed to General Conference which we will deal with in detail in our March meeting. It is always a privilege to be a part of the GB process.
Incredible is too weak a word to describe the Love Week that Kings Valley just completed. Christmas Shoebox goal – 600 – actual 616. Hours of serving in the community goal – 1300 – actual 1862. Offering to bless others goal – $65,000 – actual $111,089 – in addition to their regular offerings! Watch the video. Don’t miss it. Rejoice.
- Nick Graham is back in the VG in Halifax and is facing surgery soon to correct an ongoing infection issue. While we are sorry that he must face another surgery, we are thankful that the doctors believe they have identified the source of his recent bouts with infection. Please keep Nick in your prayers. Hats off to our pastors in Halifax and Dartmouth for their care for Nick, Beth and family.
- Port Maitland, with a congregation of circa 30 people, prepared 80 Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes – amazing. That’s 2.5 shoeboxes per attendee – well done Pastor Barry Vernon and crew.
- 3 saved and 2 baptized at Moncton yesterday.
- Head of Millstream has taken in 2 new members, have new couples attending and have 10-12 in a new community children’s ministry.
- I visited with Mark Gorveatte in his district office while I was in Indianapolis for the GB meetings. New enthusiasm on the district and exciting Great Commission possibilities ahead.
- Our own Peter Moore was elected to the Kingswood University Board of Trustees by the GB.
- 6 baptized yesterday at Hammonds Plaines Cornerstone.
- Yesterday was the last of this years pastoral installation services. Peter was at Beals Island and I was at Brazil Lake. The Port Maitland group came to share in the service at the Lake and there were 96 present. Great morning.
- Gloria and I will be on vacation beginning later this week. Peter and Karrilee will be on hand and available to you as required.
Peter was in Maine over the weekend for a Maximizing Impact follow up visit at Houlton, lunch with Peter and Joan Main from Crystal, dinner with Nick and Brenda Wilson and Nick’s installation at Beals yesterday morning with a fellowship dinner following with the Phillips from Jonesport present as well. Supper last evening was with the Ziglers in Scarborough and he will be in Maine today for meetings in Bangor.
I was in Southern NS for a brief trip on Saturday and yesterday. I had coffee with Barry Vernon, supper with John and Willo Ann Symonds and breakfast with Yarmouth vice-chair Scott Muise. On Saturday evening, I visited Brazil Lake’s Road to Bethlehem Tour. Some 406 people made reservations to take the walking tour on one of the three evenings of the weekend. Very well done community outreach event. John and I ended up in jail because we did not have adequate funds to pay the tax in Bethlehem. Thankfully, friends came by and bailed us out:).
THOT: “God’s will is good but it is anything but safe.” – Perry Noble
ON SECOND THOT: “You’re going to have stop identifying yourself as a victim. You’re going to have to stop blaming other people. You’re going to have to own your life, your decisions.” – Perry Noble
Advent 2015: LOVE Revealed
November 29 – December 20
The Church Multiplication and Discipleship Division of The Wesleyan Church has announced the release of the Advent 2015 all church resource. LOVE Revealed features four weeks of spiritual preparation leading up to Christmas. Included are sermon outlines, disciple group lessons for children, youth, and adults, devotionals, daily readings, and more.
Revealing His LOVE for the world, God sent His only Son so that we might live through Him. It is His LOVE that drove heaven down, and it is this same LOVE that redeems, reconciles, transforms, and makes all things new. God is with us and He lives among us. This Christmas season, may those around you be drawn to His LOVE Revealed.
Click here to download the 2015 Advent series. #Advent2015
FOLLOW 2015, the International Wesleyan Youth Conference, will be held in Indianapolis, IN on December 28-31 and we want to gauge interest from our district on who is interested in taking some of their students. As a member of the FOLLOW Executive team, we’re anticipating over 7500 students and leaders will fill the Indianapolis Convention Centre this December and we hope to expose our district students to the Wesleyan Church on an international stage. If you want to know more information about FOLLOW 2015 please visit www.follow2015.com or if you have any questions, please email me email@example.com for more information. Follow this link for your chance to win a free registration to FOLLOW 2015: http://ow.ly/QSiYm