Kingswood held their annual Carols at Kingswood last Sunday evening. This high quality event is becoming a truly seasonal favourite for the campus family and the community beyond.
Kingswood also celebrates the generosity displayed in their recent Giving Tuesday response. Their target of $10,000 was exceeded with $13,000 raised. Well done!
- Last Sunday, Moncton saw 3 babies dedicated, 2 people make professions of faith and 1 person baptized.
- Port Maitland, where they recently took a special offering for a family who lost their home in a fire, held a carol sing and tree lighting event last week with 70 present.
- Our own Connie Stewart, who has been serving as Interim Pastor at the Truro Heights Baptist Church, has accepted the call from the church to become their full time Pastor, effective Jan 3rd.
- Halifax Deep Water has declared Sunday, Dec 27th to be a Sabbath Sunday. There will be no services that Sunday allowing all of their faithful volunteers to experience and enjoy a sabbath of rest. Their kids ministry – Upstream – visited Northwood Manor to sing carols and deliver cards to the residents.
- There were 12 people who accepted Christ into their hearts at KV’s Saturday evening service this past weekend.
- Truro Connections Church had volunteers who recently distributed 300 invitations in the church neighbourhood inviting their neighbours to their Christmas programs.
- Fredericton Corbett Ave had 4 people baptized in their Saturday evening service and 6 more during yesterday’s services.
- Sympathy is extended to Sherry and Dale MacDonald on the passing of her mother last week. Sherry made a wonderful and poignant comment to the effect that her mother would be able to enjoy Christmas this year with the original cast.
- Continue to pray for Nick Graham. A corrective surgical procedure planned for last week was cancelled and there will be further consultation the first of this week.
- There were 11 baptized at Yarmouth yesterday morning.
Pastor Shawn Craven reports – Had Drop Zone Sunday this morning. Drop Zone is our after school program we do on Tuesdays at Weymouth School. Today we had a Sunday for the kids to be part of our Gathering and bring their parents. We had 115 present about 20 first time guests. Concluded with turkey dinner. It was a good day filled with the Master’s presence.
Our two Bangor churches recently held a combined Sunday service with good feedback following. Thanks to Pastors Steve and AJ for bringing this together. Also, River City held their second Polar Express movie party on Saturday night with 75 kids and a total of 118 in attendance. Two new families with their kids returned for service yesterday morning.
What has been the annual Snowbirds Breakfast for the past dozen or more years will not be held this year. The breakfast has always been held in conjunction with the winter DS meeting that has historically been held in central Florida. There will be no DS meeting in Florida this January and, as a result, I will not be in Florida in January. Thanks to all who have supported this event so well for so long. More word later.
THOT: “For us, the whole journey started with prayer, Scripture, and a burning desire to reach people who were far from God. Then we figured out a strategy to help us accomplish that. Twenty years into the leadership journey for me, it still starts with prayer, Scripture, and a burning desire.” – Carey Nieuwhof
ON SECOND THOT: “Why is the local Walmart better run than the local church? Seriously. One is selling products that last a day, a month, or a year. The other is brokering life change that lasts forever.” – Carey Nieuwhof
ONE MORE FOR GOOD MEASURE: “The gospel is practical, but it is much more than that – it is supernatural. Christianity at its’ best has always been about both imminence and transcendence.” – Carey Nieuwhof
(Guess who I have been reading on our vacation? 5 days to go.)
Advent 2015: LOVE Revealed
November 29 – December 20
The Church Multiplication and Discipleship Division of The Wesleyan Church has announced the release of the Advent 2015 all church resource. LOVE Revealed features four weeks of spiritual preparation leading up to Christmas. Included are sermon outlines, disciple group lessons for children, youth, and adults, devotionals, daily readings, and more.
Revealing His LOVE for the world, God sent His only Son so that we might live through Him. It is His LOVE that drove heaven down, and it is this same LOVE that redeems, reconciles, transforms, and makes all things new. God is with us and He lives among us. This Christmas season, may those around you be drawn to His LOVE Revealed.
Click here to download the 2015 Advent series. #Advent2015
FOLLOW 2015, the International Wesleyan Youth Conference, will be held in Indianapolis, IN on December 28-31 and we want to gauge interest from our district on who is interested in taking some of their students. As a member of the FOLLOW Executive team, we’re anticipating over 7500 students and leaders will fill the Indianapolis Convention Centre this December and we hope to expose our district students to the Wesleyan Church on an international stage. If you want to know more information about FOLLOW 2015 please visit www.follow2015.com or if you have any questions, please email me email@example.com for more information. Follow this link for your chance to win a free registration to FOLLOW 2015: http://ow.ly/QSiYm