This past weekend our Maximizing Impact team was at Fredericton Journey. We also had Rev. Darren Dicks from our Central Canada District with us as an observer. We had a very positive weekend and our report was well received by the pastor, staff and congregation. The picture above is of the Saturday morning group enjoying a coffee break in their excellent lobby cafe.
One of the highlights for our team was to meet the Syrian family that the church is supporting. On Saturday we had opportunity to meet the entire family – parents and 7 children. On Sunday, the dad Hassan and 5 of their children were at church. Hats off to Scott Wood and all at Journey who are ministering to this family. I am sobered by the fact that “to whom much is given, much is required.”
Ron and Karen Purdy candidated at Miramichi over the weekend. Peter was present yesterday morning to help move this matter along. The congregation extended an initial call to the Purdy’s and they have accepted. They will begin their ministry there on May 15th. Welcome Ron and Karen.
- Easter weekend attendance on our district this year was 17,233 with 81 conversions and 32 baptisms reported. What a day!
- I was on Grand Manan again last week to meet with the Merger Task Force. Things are moving along well and four of us will be in Nova Scotia in a couple of weeks to visit a number of churches as plans for the new Grand Manan church develop. Keep watching soon for the name of the new church…….
- A recent word from Judy Adams: “ I have been hired as the full time chaplain for Nova Institution for Woman in Truro.I am excited, feeling so blessed that God has continued to keep me in prison!!” Congrats to Judy.
- We will be interviewing 7 ordination candidates today and tomorrow, which will make 14 such interviews this season. What a point of praise – our largest ordination class ever.
- Ken Banks from Truro has been asked by the Rotary to conduct the Memorial Service to be held in May during their District Rotary Conference. Great community connection.
- Bruce Cheney has scheduled the annual Beulah Work Day for May 28 (June 11 as rain date). All you who have s heart for Beulah, take note.
- A J Thomas candidated at Halifax Deep Water over the weekend. The pastoral vote is scheduled for this evening.
- Alicia Robertson shared her passion for ministry in the Czech Republic at Maple Ridge yesterday morning.
Kingswood University and Houghton College have signed an articulation agreement that paves the way for graduates of Kingswood’s A.A. degrees to earn a bachelor degree from Houghton without losing credit hours. The course work for a Kingswood A.A. degree satisfies Houghton’s general general education core requirements. The transcripts of other KU students transferring to Houghton will be evaluated course by course.
“This arrangement not only affirms Kingswood’s high educational standards, but also provides an excellent opportunity for New Brunswick students,” said Dr. Stephen Lennox, President of Kingswood. “They can begin college close to home and in a cost-effective way before completing their education at one of the finest liberal arts colleges in North America.”
THOT: “Free will, though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having.” – C S Lewis
ON SECOND THOT: “A good character is the best tombstone. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble.” – Charles H. Spurgeon
Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages
Kingswood University offers a TESL Intensive
For three weeks: April 28 – May 13, 2016
No Classes on Wednesdays.
Registration deadline: April 8
Call Admissions at 506-432-4422
NS Children’s Ministry Huddle
Saturday, May 28 – 9 am – 3pm
New Hope Wesleyan Church, Kentville NS.
Pack your van and bring your Children’s Ministry Team!
Refreshments, breakouts, resources, training and equipping!
Only $25/person (5 or more from your church for $100)
To register your team contact email@example.com
Catch God’s heart for your ministry! Explore fresh insights & gain practical ideas as Mark Buchanan helps you cast a fresh – even daring vision for doing church in your community. His down-to-earth experience and perspective will intrigue and inspire you to new heights in ministry, especially among the most neglected.
For more information and to register visit the Church Leaders Forum website.