Great day at Yarmouth yesterday. Excellent crowd – circa 600 – to share in a farewell for Pastor John Symonds after a total of 21 years of service at Yarmouth Wesleyan that saw two new churches built, a total relocation and outstanding growth propelled by John’s soul-winning ministry and relevant preaching. YWC is now the largest and most influential church in the region and John was the catalytic leader used by the Master without doubt.
I also installed A J Plaizier as the new Lead Pastor who was earlier elected by a 251 to 0 vote and on whom John has placed his mantle of approval and full support. Powerful synergy.
Pastor B, as he is affectionally referred to, brought an inspiring message as we all look with keen expectation to the future ministry at Yarmouth Wesleyan.
- Peter was in NS last week and shared teaching with the Archway Counselling Association. Very positive feedback.
- Zach and Laura have arrived safe and sound for their first missionary term with Global Partners. They are now living with a local family as they begin enculturation and assimilation. They have also announced that another baby is due in the fall – congrats.
- KV announced yesterday that Seth Fancy is joining their staff and will become the site pastor for KV’s Halifax area church plant initiative.
- Lisa Gervais has accepted a staff position at Truro Connection Church.
- Greg Card candidated at Blacks Harbour yesterday and having received a very strong vote of 96%, accepted the initial call as pastor. When he announced that he had accepted, the congregation broke out in spontaneous applause and a standing ovation. He will begin his service there next Sunday.
- Fredericton Journey held a Vision Night last week and 90 people were present for this forward looking evening – well done.
- Fredericton Corbett Ave and Saint John First continue their pastoral search process. Prayers welcome.
These three questionable characters showed up at the World Hope Canada (WHC) Gala Dinner at Moncton Wesleyan on Friday night. The WHC board, on which I am honoured to serve, met at Beulah for two days last week. The time together included two banquet appreciation dinners, one at Beulah and the other at Moncton. Some 225 people attended and over $21,000 was raised for the ministries of WHC – excellent events.
Very good word from Havelock, NB as they reach out to their community – note below from the parsonage…
“Today we did an appreciation service with a dinner after for the Havelock Fire Department. We had 68 in attendance. The kids from Kids Club and Junior Church raised $303.75 to give to the fire department. It was a good morning! Good spirit!”
Kingswood Graduation 2016
Kingswood University will hold its 71st graduation celebration this coming weekend at the Saunders Irving Chapel. Rev. Atef Khalaf, the National Superintendent of the Standard Wesleyan Church in Egypt, will be the guest speaker for the Baccalaureate Service on Friday, April 29, at 7 p.m., and I will be delivering the commencement address on Saturday morning, April 30, at 10 a.m. You all are invited to attend. Congratulations, KU’s Class of 2016.
THOT: “Change before you have to.” – Jack Welsh
ON SECOND THOT: “Never let others diminish God’s will for you or your church into something merely comfortable, safe and predictable.” – Richard Blackaby
Friday, May 13, 2016
Journey Wesleyan Church
Tickets on sale now.
NS Children’s Ministry Huddle
Saturday, May 28 – 9 am – 3pm
New Hope Wesleyan Church, Kentville NS.
Pack your van and bring your Children’s Ministry Team!
Refreshments, breakouts, resources, training and equipping!
Only $25/person (5 or more from your church for $100)
To register your team contact email@example.com
Catch God’s heart for your ministry! Explore fresh insights & gain practical ideas as Mark Buchanan helps you cast a fresh – even daring vision for doing church in your community. His down-to-earth experience and perspective will intrigue and inspire you to new heights in ministry, especially among the most neglected.
For more information and to register visit the Church Leaders Forum website.