Gloria and I were on Grand Manan yesterday for a combined service at Seal Cove and a congregational information session for the soon-to-be merged church. There was a good crowd present (130 +-) and in addition to the regular offerings, more than $5,000 was given toward the new church project. A building committee was ratified and officers put in place to accommodate application to CRA for recognition as a new registered charity. A report was also heard of the trip that the three lead pastors and I made recently to 5 of our churches in Nova Scotia to glean building ideas and solid counsel. All in all, another positive step forward for this Great Commission project.
Peter, Karrilee and I will all be attending the General Conference in Buffalo, NY that begins later this week. As a result, the District Office will be closed from June 3-10. We will all three have email, texting and cell phone access during this entire time. Karrilee will also check the office voice mail for any messages recorded there. Please feel free to be in contact with any of us as circumstances require. Thanks for remembering to pray for the Master’s touch on our deliberations as the conference convenes.
- A special day for focused prayer and fasting for Nick Graham is being called for tomorrow, May 31st. This is not as a result of any major decline in his health or any significant new development. It is driven by a deep abiding desire to see the Master intercede so that Nick would be returned to a good measure of health and strength and to his responsibilities at Maple Ridge. Thanks to Kelly Thomas for her passion to see this day declared.
- Peter was at Maple Ridge to preach yesterday and officiate at their Local Church Conference. Our hats are off to the church on the Ridge for the wonderful way they have cared for the Grahams for this extended time of illness and for how Mike Agrell has stepped up to his expanded leadership role.
- Peter and I were joined by several of our pastors as we attended the funeral of Mary Thomas in Fredericton on Wednesday. Mrs Thomas was the mother of Pete and Reg and grandmother to AJ. These men did a wonderful job in paying tribute to their mother and her strong influence on their lives.
- Stillman and Ethel Cameron will observe their 60th Anniversary on June 16th. Best wishes may be sent to them at 225 Cedar Ave, Fredericton, NB E3A 2C7.
- Westchester pastor Linda and Sterling Fillmore’s grandson Joshua has been hospitalized with complications from surgery for acute appendicitis. Prayer requested.
- Beulah work day saw some 55 volunteers on hand. According to Bruce Cheney it was a day of “good participation, good fun, good exercise, good friendships and some new participants.”
Matt Pass, a Kingswood student who was doing an internship in Indianapolis, died in his sleep on Saturday. His wife Gabrielle is in NB and we extend our sincere sympathy and prayer support to her and to his extended family.
Moncton observed a first-class evening of celebration for their many volunteers recently. A great time of saying “thank you” to so many who make so many ministries of the church both possible and efficient. Well done.
PASTORS NOTE: If you have not done your ASR or Stat Report as yet, this is the time. Further delay will not be helpful. Thanks for getting this completed straight away, if you have not already done so.
THOT: “We must follow God for who he is and what He intends, not for what we want and what we prefer.” – Ravi Zacharias
ON SECOND THOT: “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll be happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” – Socrates
NS Children’s Ministry Huddle
Saturday, May 28 – 9 am – 3pm
New Hope Wesleyan Church, Kentville NS.
Pack your van and bring your Children’s Ministry Team!
Refreshments, breakouts, resources, training and equipping!
Only $25/person (5 or more from your church for $100)
To register your team contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Catch God’s heart for your ministry! Explore fresh insights & gain practical ideas as Mark Buchanan helps you cast a fresh – even daring vision for doing church in your community. His down-to-earth experience and perspective will intrigue and inspire you to new heights in ministry, especially among the most neglected.
For more information and to register visit the Church Leaders Forum website.