Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
– I Corinthians 16:13
Head of Millstream held a baptism last Sunday and plan another later in the summer. Well done. It is great to see our smaller churches showing signs of new life along with all the praise notes from our larger churches. Together we are all stronger. Onward and upward!
I was the speaker at Riverside Family Camp from Wednesday through yesterday. In addition to enjoying the camp and observing all of the recent improvements, I seized the opportunity to rub shoulders with our tribal leaders in “the County” – lunch on various days with Wayne Robertson, Tony Stevens, Jamin Melanson and Jason Rooney. I also enjoyed an after-service campfire with the Andy Phillips family, two evenings with the Fancys, an opportunity to chat, at least briefly, with all of the Presque Isle staff and to speak at Monticello yesterday morning. It is always such a privilege to be out and about with the tribe.
Riverside has a core of very dedicated supporters and their offerings are outstanding in relation to the size of the crowd. Bud Fancy is Camp Chair and has led them to make significant upgrades on the grounds.
- Received word late on Saturday night that Dr. Lee M. Haines, with whom I served for eight years as General Superintendent, has passed away. He and I were elected on the same day in 1988. He was a fully devoted follower of Christ with a deep passion for those far from God and an abiding love for The Wesleyan Church. I was honoured to serve with him.
- Chris Stephens and his wife Megan visited Corbett Ave this past weekend for interaction concerning a possible staff assignment there. Keep tuned for updates.
- Lennett Anderson recently preached at Moncton once again. His ministry is always such a blessing and a real highlight event.
- Jonesport held a very successful VBS recently with 34 kids registered. A “great week of VBS” to quote Pastor Andy.
- Peter was on PEI last week and had opportunity for interchange with Joel and Vicki Wydysh.
- While passing through Southwest Nova last weekend, in addition to worshipping at Digby, I had opportunity to share breakfast on Monday with AJ Plaizier.
- Peter was involved in Thrive coaching sessions last week as this innovative program to help in the development of newly-minted ministers grows in impact.
To quote Lead Pastor Tim Guptill “Rain held off, great day for @MWKids Summer Spectacular! Awesome job @looneyliz75 and team!”
THOT: “No home suddenly fractures. No church suddenly splits. It’s a slow erosion based on choices.” – Chuck Swindoll
ON SECOND THOT: “Change before you have to.” – Jack Welch
BYF – Best Years Fellowship Retreat Weekend
Beulah Camp – August 26-28
Registration $20 – Meals $50 – Accommodations – various
For further info call Pastor Mel Norton at 506-328-2659
Pastors have received the registration form by email. Pastor Mel may also be contacted by cell at 506-324-3227.