This past Saturday – July 1 – was Canada’s 150th birthday and for a lady of her age, she is looking really good – the true north strong and free. Tomorrow – July 4 – our American friends and colleagues will celebrate another birthday of their great land – the land of the free and the home of the brave. Happy birthday one and all!
Those of us who have been privileged to travel the world realize just how blessed we are to live in North America. While there are many challenges to face and cultural changes to grapple with, there is so much to be thankful for and I am reminded often that “to whom much is given, much will be required.”
Beulah Family Camp 2017 is just round the proverbial corner. It promises to be a great week with many very significant features including the First Saturday (see below); great preaching by Moe Diggs and Mark Wilson; worship leading by Kelly Jay; tribal mystery speakers; dedication of the Mullen Heritage Archives facility; election of a “new” DS; ordination of 6 candidates; wide-ranging daytime activities; Evening on the Boulevard; VBS and youth programming; missions moments; farewell to the “old” DS and much more. These things we have planned and prepared our programs for….and then there is His presence and anointing that we have prayed and prepared our hearts for….will be great week – don’t miss it!
Congratulations to the Rev. Jesse VanHorn who was ordained in the Wisconsin District last week. Jesse and his wife Selinda are GP missionaries under appointment to Haiti and are well-known and supported by many of you and our churches. They need to top off their support fund so that they may be deployed to their new assignment. Thanks for considering their support. Check out their newsletter.
Sussex Wes celebrated their annual Block Party a week ago with excellent weather, community connection, great food and strong participation. They even had an out-of-towner drop in for the fellowship and food.
- A Fun Fact as Pastor AJ calls it – the average attendance at Halifax Deep Water for the month of June was 130 above the average attendance for June of last year. Onward and upward!
- Yesterday was my last Sunday as DS prior to Beulah 2017 and the pending leadership transition. Gloria and I chose to worship at the Browns Flat Fellowship and listen to Pastor Bradley with circa 200 others – even though the Camp Meeting does not begin for several days. Anticipate a full house next Sunday morning.
- Prayer is requested for Shawn Craven, Pastor at Havelock, NS who is undergoing diagnostic tests as a result of a mass discovered on his liver.
- Kentville New Hope held a “We Appreciate You” event last week to honour their many volunteers that make the ministry of the church possible. Well done! Check out this brief video.
- Pastor Reg Thomas was privileged to dedicate three babies at Perth-Andover yesterday. Commendation to these young parents for bringing their children to be dedicated to the Master.
THOT: “Never think to yourself, ‘I am of no use where I am.’ You are certainly of no use where you’re not.” – Oswald Chambers
ON SECOND THOT: “Just stood in my entryway, house full of boxes, holding my kids, reminded them that God knows what He is doing even if we don’t.” – Nick Graham
BONUS THOT: “Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not.” – @BrainyQuote
Happy Hockey Canada Day!
July 8 2017, 7:00 pm Tabernacle
Mark is known and loved around the world as a trusted voice in the realm of gospel music and beyond. He started making music at age 11 and now, more than four decades later, his legacy is forever sealed as an innately entertaining communicator who can, at once, make audiences laugh, cry, and think.
$30 General Seating
$35 Day of concert for all remaining seats
$40 Premium Seating (SOLD OUT)
To purchase tickets by credit card please call the District Office at (506) 468-2286 or mail cheques payable to the “Atlantic District” to:
1830 Mountain Rd
Moncton, NB E1G 1A9
Getting ready to plan your summer vacation? Why not celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday by exploring one of its most beautiful regions – the Maritimes! To help make that happen, Kingswood has put together an unbeatable deal! Check it out here: https://www.kingswood.edu/150
Missionary Alumni Fellowship
Sunday, July 9th at 3 PM at Beulah Hotel Dining Room
Missionaries past, present and future are invited for a light dessert, easy fellowship and a word from missionaries past, present and future.