Gloria and I will be in Indianapolis for most of this week. I am privileged to serve on the General Board as well as other related committees, all of which are meeting this week. We will return to the district by Sunday and will be in Jonesport that day to install Pastor Andy Phillips.
Karrilee and Joanne will be in the office of course. I can be reached by text, twitter, email and cell phone – please feel totally free to be in touch as needed.
Our hearts go out to the people of the Philippines who have suffered so much damage and loss of life in the recent super typhoon. The Wesleyan Church of the Philippines is very strong, vibrant and dynamic. I know that many of us want to respond to this tragedy and to stand with our brothers and sisters there.
Donations from the US can be sent directly to the Wesleyan Emergency Relief Fund at World Headquarters in Indiana with the check memo marked for WERF – Philippines. Donations on the CDN side can be sent to The Wesleyan Church of Canada, 11-80 Mapleton Road, Moncton, NB E1C 7W8, marked for Philippines relief.
Thanks in advance for your generosity.
I met last week with Pastor AJ Plaizier and the LBA at Corbett Avenue as we discussed together the involvement of Corbett as the pilot project as a Maximizing Impact church. Great meeting and total buy-in as we go forward. Be watching for more…..more about Maximizing Impact…..more about Corbett as the pilot unfolds……more about other churches being involved…..energized!
- Yarmouth averaged 437 for the first two Sundays of November – an increase of 68 over last year’s average.
- Presque Isle generously donated $10,000 this week to Philippines typhoon relief. That’s right – $10,000!
- Kings Valley’s average attendance for this fall is an increase of 110 over last year, bringing their fall average to nearly 900.
- After 13 years on staff, David Steeves has resigned at Moncton. He will be joining the staff at Hillside Baptist. Dave, we will miss you in our tribe.
- The General Superintendent will be in the district for three days in December. She will be meeting with the DBA to collaborate concerning future district leadership. Watch for updates.
- Denn Guptill and Scott Prime are in Peru for a few days with Compassion Canada.
- Westchester had a total of 157 in weekend special services last week compared to last year’s average of 26.
The Wesleyan Retirement Plan Webinar slated for last week had to be postponed at the last moment due to technical issues. The Webinar has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Nov 26th at 11 AST. New sign up info has been sent to Plan participants.
New Hope Valley recently held a movie night and the church was filled for the event. Yet another example of a creative way to interface with the community.
THOT: Much of what we consider valuable in our lives arises out of these kinds of lopsided conflicts, because the act of facing overwhelming odds produces greatness and beauty. – from David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell