Bradford Rogers preached an excellent holiness message yesterday during the three services at Deep Water (AJ Thomas). The growth this church family has experienced this year has opened the door for CR Director Shaun MacKenzie to come on staff part time and for the church to hire two new staff positions (Discipleship & Children’s Ministry). Most Sundays now average over 500 as the current North Street location is nearly maxed out in the first two services with room to grow in the Sunday evening (identical) service. These are great days for this 10+ year old church!
- Five children’s ministry leaders met this week for an unofficial opportunity to network and share best practices. Awesome to see these leaders modelling the value that we are better and stronger together (from left to right): Lauren Millington (New Hope), Tracy Birtch (Metro), Fatima Whelan (Hillside), Marilyn Mansvelt & Deborah Gilbert (Cornerstone).
- Karen Purdy candidated yesterday at Westchester. She received a unanimous vote and has accepted my appointment to come as Lead Pastor at the usual time of pastoral transition this summer.
- Ellen & I enjoyed a vacation week over New Brunswick March Break at River Haven with family. We so deeply appreciate this incredible place to refuel, recharge, and relax, as we make memories with our children and extended family. There is no place like the Atlantic District to serve as DS – we are blessed!
- Rev. Lisa Graden will be candidating at Crystal on the weekend of April 8th. She and her husband (Lee) currently reside in Lafayette, Indiana where she serves as Assistant Pastor at Evergreen Wesleyan Church. She also ministers in a bi-vocational role as Chaplain & Bereavement Coordinator for a local physio-care hospice service.
Thot: It is the Holy Spirit’s job to convict, God’s job to judge and my job to love. (Billy Graham)
On Second Thot: Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings. (Nicky Gumbel)
Bonus Thot: Holiness is not about being more disciplined or working harder, holiness is about drawing closer and being in love through the Spirit. (Bradford Rogers)
Anti-Human Trafficking Event @ Kingswood University
Pastors & Lay Leaders are invited to join Open Door Centre to end modern slavery in Atlantic Canada. Youth as young as 11 and 12 are forced or manipulated into the sex trade right here at home. Join the Kingswood University student’s Pulse Day to learn from Open Door Centre, a Christian faith-based team from Halifax, working to end local slavery – i.e., sex trafficking. Through the Helping Exploited Youth (H.E.Y.) program, Open Door Centre is standing in the gap against sex trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Watch this short video on our website about local trafficking.
Kingswood is opening the student’s Pulse Day to pastors and lay leaders in the District interested in opposing human trafficking. Join the students at Kingswood University’s Wesley Hall on Wednesday, April 4, 2018 from 9:30-11:30AM in Sussex, NB. Come learn about local trafficking and how you can engage your church “to bring justice”. Pastors are invited to take part in the special breakout session which will equip pastors in how to mobilize their congregations to oppose trafficking. Please RSVP by letting us know if you are a pastor or lay leader by March 16 to email@example.com. Lunch can be purchased from the Kingswood Cafeteria following the sessions.
We are so honoured to partner with The Wesleyan Church to oppose modern slavery. It was a privilege to speak at Beulah Family Camp last summer, this Spring at Kingswood, and we look forward to co-hosting events with your wonderful community in the future. We hope to see you at KU in April!
Pastor’s reserve your leaders a spot at the NEXT CONFERENCE for 50% off on April 14. This is a full day conference, including lunch, for all Children’s Ministry Volunteers and Leaders. The first 100 Registrations from Wesleyan Churches get 50% off the conference fee! Contact Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org. for the DISCOUNT CODE and get your leaders registered soon.
Moncton, New Brunswick. These 24 hour worship intensives begin with a Worship Night on Friday and a day of instruction on Saturday. The workshop will cover both the heart of worship, as well as address the importance of working on your primary skills as a musician, vocalist, or audio tech.
All of the general sessions and workshops are designed to:
- Encourage and equip your entire worship team
- Deepen the spiritual life of each team member
- Be interactive, up-close and personal with each presenter
- Increase your passion for leading others in your local church
I encourage you to bring your entire worship team and take advantage of our group discount. Consider this event a 24-hour worship retreat that will inspire and strengthen your team and impact the congregations you serve. We’ve kept the registration affordable to allow for maximum participation. For groups of 4 or more, registration is only $45 (USD) per person. Individual registration is $53(USD). Please pass this information on to others who are involved in worship ministry. I hope you can join us for a transformational weekend.
Tickets Available Here: