Hartland (Dave Wilcox) hosted the Maximizing Impact Team this weekend. The format for this high-level 2.5 day consultation includes one-on-one interviews, town hall Q&A meetings, leadership training and concludes with the creation of a customized report of strengths, concerns, and recommendations. Special thanks to the MI Team, Dave, and the Hartland LBA for their excellent preparation and participation. Spirits were high yesterday morning as the report was shared. We celebrate the launch of their second Alpha Course this Thursday and the baptism of three scheduled for later this month.
- And speaking of Alpha, Saint John First (Graham Perry) served 70 guests at their Alpha Banquet last evening under the direction of Doug Tatton. Their leadership team is pictured in pre-program prayer above.
- Don’t miss the new promo information in Upcoming Events below re: Beulah Family Camp (July 6-15, 2018). Concert ticket information is available for July 6th.
- Grateful for the time invested this Wednesday with these incredible Crosspoint Pastors (Mark Brewer & Jamie Cambers) as we continue the conversation around Atlantic District Core Values. An inspiring rollout of these six values will occur during Beulah Family Camp culminating at District Conference. Special thanks to the DBA and the gifts of these effective Crosspoint leaders in serving our district.
- It was energizing to be with the Presque Isle LBA (Bud Fancy) this past Tuesday. Our district is blessed with high calibre lay leadership serving alongside our pastoral teams.
- 260+ Children’s Ministry leaders from the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada and Atlantic Wesleyans gathered at the NEXT Children’s Ministry Conference held at Moncton Wesleyan Celebration Centre on Saturday. Leaders attended practical workshops, inspiring worship (Marc Jolicoeur – Moncton), and empowering messages from Dale Hudson (founder of Building Children’s Ministry). Special thanks to our District Children’s Ministry Director (Linda Lamos – Kings) for promoting this great partnership event with nearly 70 Wesleyan leaders in attendance.
- The National Board of The Wesleyan Church of Canada (TWCC) convened this Thursday evening for a two hour Zoom session with National Superintendent HC Wilson. Important information will be ready for announcement before May – stay tuned!
- Congratulations to Dr. Colleen Derr on her installation this week as the first President of Wesley Seminary. President Steve Lennox of Kingswood University shares, “Honored to participate on behalf of @kingswood in this historic installation for @WesleySeminary. Proud to be part of @WesleyanChurch!”
- An exciting development this week for Kingswood University as the Wesleyan HQ Division of Education and Clergy Development announced the move of FLAME under the umbrella of Kingswood Extended. These courses are offered denomination wide to assist second career ministerial students in the completion of academic requirements for Ordination. Executive Director Russ Gunsalus explains, “As The Wesleyan Church’s only Bible college with a mandate to serve all of North America, Kingswood University is the perfect partner to carry on and advance the mission of FLAME. This will help leverage the ministry training expertise and systems of Kingswood University while expanding its reach and increasing its quality.”
- And speaking of prophets-in-process, the District Board of Ministerial Development (DBMD) convened this past Tuesday (pictured below) to complete a full day of annual appointments and Ordination interviews. Special thanks to Chair Dale MacDonald (Woodstock) for his capable leadership of this mission critical ministry for those who are called.
Condolences are offered to the Marples family on Thursday’s loss of Rev. Dr. Vernon Marples of the Central Canada District. Our love and prayers lift up his dear wife and life-long partner in ministry, Audrey. Their four children were deeply influenced as he answered a second-career call to ministry and The Wesleyan Church of Canada has been greatly blessed as all four of them have also received and answered this same calling with their spouses. Two of their children are Ordained Ministers on the Atlantic District (Janet as Vice President of Academic Affairs at Kingswood University and Stuart as Lead Pastor of Solid Rock Wesleyan in Mount Pearl, NL). And so to Janet (Richard) Starks, Stuart (Kellie) Marples, Helen (Mark) Parker, and Richard (Jennifer) Marples, we extend our heartfelt prayers as they gather at Brockville Wesleyan this Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. to celebrate the life of their father. Personal expressions of support may be expressed in this Book of Memories.
Thot: God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself. (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
Moncton, New Brunswick. These 24 hour worship intensives begin with a Worship Night on Friday and a day of instruction on Saturday. The workshop will cover both the heart of worship, as well as address the importance of working on your primary skills as a musician, vocalist, or audio tech.
All of the general sessions and workshops are designed to:
- Encourage and equip your entire worship team
- Deepen the spiritual life of each team member
- Be interactive, up-close and personal with each presenter
- Increase your passion for leading others in your local church
I encourage you to bring your entire worship team and take advantage of our group discount. Consider this event a 24-hour worship retreat that will inspire and strengthen your team and impact the congregations you serve. We’ve kept the registration affordable to allow for maximum participation. For groups of 4 or more, registration is only $45 (USD) per person. Individual registration is $53(USD). Please pass this information on to others who are involved in worship ministry. I hope you can join us for a transformational weekend.
Tickets Available Here:
MAY 11-12,2018 | MONCTON, NB
The ONE CONFERENCE is a regional event that inspires and equips students to unite as one body, under one God, for one mission. It’s more challenging than ever for students to live out their faith boldly. By coming together in worship and in mission, we all can build a network of faith-fueled students who are not only willing, but equipped to live and love like Jesus in their schools and neighborhoods.
All new for 2018… Check out this summers lineup! Special events, breakfasts, dinners, movies, services and more. Every weekend a great lineup for the whole family. Check out the schedule and don’t miss a minute of the fun!