Crosspoint (Mark Brewer) had a full house yesterday for worship followed by a great church family BBQ and 6 baptisms in the Nashwaak. Mark adds, “Loved the demographics of our baptisms – we had a child, a teen, a young adult, two adults, and a senior. God is doing some great stuff in our midst!”
- Woods Harbour (Jason Parker) had 121 in church yesterday morning for a “normal” Sunday. The unexpected attendance “problem” resulted in the need to put out more seats and the Communion Stewards were 2 cups short. Some problems are worth celebrating.
- As local church ministry leaders prepare to dive into the full launch of family ministry in a couple weeks, don’t miss the opportunity to peruse the wide assortment of excellent resources for children’s ministry regularly posted by Linda Lamos (Kings) on the Atlantic District Children’s Ministry Facebook Group. For example, check out the article posted over the weekend with 15 new fall children’s ministry kickoff ideas to help you start a winning season of ministry to children. Thanks Linda, and to so many of our leaders who wear multiple hats in both local church and district service positions – #strongertogether.
- Metro (Aaron Birtch) achieved another milestone in its journey of faith yesterday as they packed up after several years at the Cineplex and moved the church into the community of Timberlea beginning next Sunday.
- As you head into the energizing pace of the fall ministry season be encouraged – 72% of Lead Pastors say they are very satisfied in their Kingdom role.
- All Atlantic pastors are invited to give strong consideration to the excellent opportunity provided by Executive Director Russ Gunsalus’ team (Education and Clergy Development) to participate in the “Flourishing in Ministry” research project on clergy well-being by Notre Dame University. You are encouraged to review this background information as you prepare to participate in the online survey you will receive on September 18th.
- The Gathering – Registration Reminder (all prices in USD – 10% discount applied upon online check out)Early Bird Registration by August 31:
Pastoral Couple $859
Single Pastor $769
ECD Ministerial Student $669 (not appointed to local church)After August 31:
Pastoral Couple +$70
Single Pastor +$50
ECD Ministerial Student +$20Those eligible for full district scholarship will ONLY be reimbursed the early bird rate (unless as roommate) if you choose to register after August 31st.Consideration of room sharing for those not traveling with family is appreciated. When someone registers (not “walk on”) they can add roommates at an early bird registration price (pastor @ $270 USD and/or student @ $170 USD) up to a four-person occupancy per room. The Atlantic District will reimburse the FULL rate of being added as a roommate even if it is AFTER the early bird deadline.Pricing includes conference and stay in Caribe Royale Suites for three nights.
- I am on vacation until Wednesday, August 29th. If you require an earlier response for any non-emergency matters, please contact the district office (506.468.2286 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- As the summer comes to an end, tens of thousands of students across Atlantic Canada get ready to return to their university towns. This presents a unique opportunity to local churches in these towns to minister to these young adults. If you know of any students headed to university/college, please pass on this list of the churches and follow-up with them to encourage their involvement in the early weeks of settling into school.- Fredericton: Corbett Avenue, Crosspoint, Journey
– Halifax: Cornerstone, Deep Water, Hillside, Kings, Metro
– Sackville: Amherst
– Saint John: Kings, Saint John First
– St. John’s: Solid Rock
- Please continue in your prayerful and loving support for Brian & Darlene Murray as she received very difficult news late last Monday regarding a diagnosis with lung cancer. One of the richest and most powerful realities of being in a spiritual family comes when the shadows of life are cast over those we love.
- Mike & Kate Agrell (Maple Ridge) shared great news on Friday, “Nathaniel is off the ventilator!!! No more nasal prongs, CPAP, or breathing tube. This is one of the ‘big three’ checked off before he can come home! The other two are the pain meds and feedings. Both of those are coming along great. We are so excited about this development and can’t wait to all be under the same roof!”
Thot: Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. (Job 1:21)
Bonus Thot (Craig Groeschel):
What an opportunity to partner with Craig Groeschel, John Maxwell, Erwin McManus, Danielle Strickland along with a truly impressive and diverse faculty of 15 speakers for another amazing GLS.
- Lower Sackville, NS (Rock Church) – October 18-19
- Lewisporte, NS (Emmanuel Convention Centre) – October 18-19
- St. John’s, NL (TBA) – October 25-26
BYF RETREAT 2018
September 28 – 30
Dr. Stephen Lennox, President of Kingswood University is our guest speaker. Dr. Lennox is a Christian statesman and prolific writer. He has authored several books on the Old Testament. We are so excited to have him with us for this weekend!
Our worship leader for the weekend will be Rob & Marti Tafton.
Join hundreds of women at from all over the east coast as we come together to worship God and have fun! Our goal is to create an atmosphere where every woman at Harvest will experience an encounter with God that will impact their life and the people in it.
Join us this fall at Kings Church, October 19 & 20, with special guest speakers Annie F. Downs and Heather Semple. For more information, or to register visit www.harvestconference.ca or call 506-847-5343.
A Christian Leadership Response to the Shifting
Landscape of Canadian Religious Freedoms
What: High order Christian-based legal insights and recommendations for the shifting landscape of Canadian religious freedoms
When: October 4 @ 10:30 a.m. Atlantic Time
Who: Derek Ross, Executive Director & General Counsel for Christian Legal Fellowship
How: Pastors and lay leaders may register by email with the Atlantic District (email@example.com) All AD credentialed pastors who register AND attend the Zoominar will receive a complimentary copy of the June 2018 publication, Hope for Nations: Standing Strong in a Post-Trust, Post Christian World (John Dickerson).
“Times of great social upheaval are times of great spiritual opportunity,” writes Dickerson. “You can live the adventure of this era with great purpose. You can know with confidence that the Creator of the universe appointed you to bring light and life to this moment in human history.”
Check out this recent radio interview with Derek Ross and Barry Bussey (Director for Legal Affairs of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities since 2011) on The Drew Marshall Show (begins at 1:40 in the MP3 file) for a sneak peek on some of the insights you will learn in this Oct 4th Zoominar.
YARMOUTH WESLEYAN CHURCH
Thursday, November 1st, 9:30-4:30
Keynote Speakers Including : AJ Thomas, Kevin Vincent, Brent Ingersoll, Mike Miller & L.D. Buckingham
THE ROCK CHURCH HALIFAX
Friday, November 2nd, 9:30-4:30
Keynote Speakers: Jerry Reddy, James Mallon, AJ Thomas, Kevin Vincent & L.D. Buckingham
For more information and to register please visit the BLI website.
January 9-12, 2019
Orlando, Florida at The Caribe Royale
More than a minister’s conference. The Gathering is a reunion of ministry family and friends. A sabbath for our souls. Coming together to stop, rest, pray, play and thrive. A chance to celebrate what God is doing in our lives and ministry through meals, stories, inspiration and worship. We know this will be a gathering you won’t want to miss! Early bird registration ends Aug 31, 2018.