- The first event of Beulah 2014 is a prayer gathering on Friday, July 4 at 7 PM. If you are on the grounds, please come and share in this prayer covering for the camp.
- On Saturday the 5th there will be a late afternoon BBQ followed by an evening concert with George Canyon at 7 PM. George will be representing Compassion Canada and a free will offering will be received.
- Beulah 2014 – Eight Days of Celebration – will officially begin on Sunday morning the 6th at 10:30 with the singing of O Beulah Land.
- The closing rally of Beulah 2014 will take place at 3 PM on Sunday the 13th when we will Celebrate Tomorrow. Vision will be cast and future ministry initiatives unpacked. Plan to be there. Don’t miss it. Bring others.
- Full details of the multi-faceted daily program can be viewed on our website – www.beulahcamp.com. Check it out – great multi-generational activities available. Huge thanks to Andrea Gunter for organizing this smorgasbord of family-friendly activities.
- Check out the brief Beulah 2014 promo video at http://vimeo.com/97163535.
- Selected activities require those who participate to come prepared – such as the Motorcycle Run; Photography Workshop; Ladies Mini Scrap Party; and Golfing. If any of these ignite your interest, please bring necessary basic equipment/supplies.
- The Motorcycle Run – Saturday, July 12 from 1-4 PM – is fully open to any bikers from across the district who are interested – this is not intended to be a “Beulah only” event. Dr. Buckingham will lead this event of growing interest.
- Please be in prayer for Beulah 2014 for the Master’s obvious presence and for spiritual victories to be won. Pray especially for speakers Luchetti, Smith, Lyon and four of our own who will speak in the week day mornings as well as the Rhyno’s and all the worship/music guests.
- Show up. Pray up. Bring along an open heart and a expectant spirit. Build new friendships. Renew existing friendships. Expand networks. Embrace change. Enjoy the program variety. Encourage someone. Look for the good. Don’t miss Sun the 13th at 3 PM. Celebrate the tribe. Onward and upward.
Moncton recently held a special volunteer recognition event that recognized their many volunteers. None of our ministries would function without our incredible corp of volunteers. They should never be taken for granted. One of our services at Beulah 2014 will highlight volunteers.
New Hope Valley had 230 in church last Sunday. PTL for the continued growth and expanding health in the valley.
Our former DS David LeRoy is now using firstname.lastname@example.org for all email. His former @atlanticdistrict address is now inactive. He is requesting that all email to him please use the @gmail account.
Stefan and Deborah Gilbert have accepted bi-vocational part-time positions at Hammonds Plains Cornerstone. Stefan will serve as Media/Tech Pastor and Deb as Assistant Family Life Pastor.
I was pleased to be in the Amherst church yesterday morning and sense the upward movement there. It was my first time to worship in their present facility which was in the process of being purchased when I left the DS position here in 2007 to go to Global Partners. Great move for the Amherst congregation.
VBS season is here or coming soon to many of our churches. Woodstock is using the Weird Animals material this year and once their VBS is over, they will have materials that could be used elsewhere – curriculum; shirts for leaders; decorations; banners and other resources. These would be available free or for a small donation after July 17th. Interested? Contact Neil Horner at email@example.com.
I was honoured to assist in the wedding on Saturday of Amanda Cooney (daughter of Pastor Mark and Karen Cooney from Norton) and Brooks Record from Kernersville, North Carolina. They met while attending Southern Wesleyan University. The wedding took place in the Saunders Irving Chapel at Kingswood. The rehearsal dinner had a surf ’n turf menu – hence one of the pics above.
THOT: “Be a stabilizing influence when drama shows up.” – Dr. Henry Cloud
ON SECOND THOT: “Until God opens the next door, praise him in the hallway.” Nicky Gumbel
Open House 90th birthday for Rev. L. H. Hicks – Best Wishes only. Saturday, July 12th from 2-4 PM at Havelock Wesleyan Church.
Best Years Fellowship – Aug 15-17. Details to follow from director Rev. Mel Norton. Save the dates.