We are the:
People of God, committed to the
Purpose of God, believing in the
Providence of God, and relying on the
Power of God!
And the Master is at work among us. Onward and Upward is more than a slogan. We celebrate every new victory; every hill claimed for the Cause; every convert; every baptism; every new initiative in ministry.
PTL points – so much praise is due to the Master:
- 2 baptized at Sydney; 2 baptized at River Valley; 4 baptized at Moncton – new life!
- Hammond Plains Cornerstone averaged over 300 last month, the first month ever to do so other than December (Christmas).
- Presque Isle held an anointed men’s prayer summit in Jackman, ME over the weekend with more than 80 men present – the most ever.
- KV held their first Saturday evening service over the weekend. There are now four weekend services at KV and KVEast. They also hosted Harvest – a women’s convention with more than 230 ladies registered.
- Nick Graham is home from the hospital – home and at church yesterday morning – and while there are still hurdles ahead, we are all thankful that he is back on the Ridge.
- Dartmouth Hillside became one church in multiple locations yesterday with the launching of a second service held in their newly-acquired Parkway facility.
- 7 new folk at Alpha in Truro last week.
- New Hope Valley in Kentville held a Men’s Rally over the weekend with LD Buckingham as speaker.
- Yesterday, Dianne Hutchinson received and accepted a call to pastor Norfolk Wesleyan Church in Norfolk, NY, a church in the Eastern New York New England District. Congrats Dianne.
- Nackawic celebrated their 125th anniversary over the weekend. There were 153 present for a concert on Saturday evening that was held off-site to accommodate the crowd. Just under 100 were present for the service yesterday morning – a totally full house.
- I was in church yesterday as Moncton held a Back to Church Sunday that for this week only combined their two services into one and included a baptism, a surprise visit during the worship segment from One8Tea (very cool) and a clear presentation of the gospel by Pastor Tim after which at least 10 people stood to testify to new faith in Christ. The morning concluded with a wide array of after service activities. Great crowd!
Fredericton Crosspoint has a great crew that volunteers to serve at the Fredericton Community Kitchen. We follow a Master who spoke about giving a cup of cold water….Always great to see community missions at work.
A special edition bulletin on Church Boards is available online from the CCCC which I suggest pastors and board leaders check out. While it comes from the Canadian Council of Christian Charities, the principles are not bound by geographic borders.
Pastors, be watching for a World Hope Canada video coming in November.
A highly energized Encounter 2014 unpacked at Kingswood over the weekend. The many ingredients including Clint Dupin as speaker, great worship, an illusionist and on and on. Twitter was blowing up with positive words. A chapel full of youth from across our district and beyond came to taste and see what the Kingswood experience offers. Without doubt, many of these youth will be Kingswood alums in the future.
Gloria continues to be in hospital and may well be facing back surgery this week. Thanks for all of the email, tweets, cards and visits – appreciated. The missionary payroll through The Wesleyan Church of Canada was due last week, so on a day she was feeling fairly well, we temporarily converted her hospital bed into the TWCC office – the work must go on 🙂
THOT: “If all you do is sing and speak on Sunday, it will become harder and harder to gather a crowd.” – Carey Nieuwhof
ON SECOND THOT: “Jesus died to take away your sins, not your brains.” – Mark Wilson from Purple Fish.
A FINAL THOT: “Life is so short. Grudges are a waste of time. Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and trust God with what you cannot change.” – Nicky Gumble
Kingswood is gearing up for their fourth annual ENGAGE conference on October 24-25. Designed for pastors, worship leaders, and anyone involved in planning or implementing the weekend worship gathering in the local church, teams that attend find this event to be an inspiring Fall experience.
Visit www.kingswood.edu/engage for information about seminars, keynotes and registration. Take advantage of early bird pricing until September 15th!