In just a few days, Christmas 2014 will be here and once again we offer deep and sincere thanks to the Father for the greatest game-changing gift of all time – “unto us a child is born.” Gloria joins me in expressing our warm regards and best wishes as we look forward to spending time with our kids and their kids. It is our honour to serve our district these days.
Amazing variety of Christmas ministries across our district including this partial list:
- Kentville distributed 21 boxes to families in need
- Sussex presented Kings County Christmas to a sell out crowd
- Bangor River City and Bangor Pathway held a combined Christmas service last night with over 100 in attendance
- Corbett presented 3 services featuring the Christmas Choir Extravaganza
- Deep Water is concluding the series Do They Know It’s Christmas?
- Cornerstone has 5 Christmas Eve services booked and their Operation Warm Christmas will purchase 125 sleeping bags and sets of long underwear for the homeless
- Havelock NS had 350 present for their Living Christmas Card presentation. Over 1,000 viewed their pics on FB.
- Crosspoint will hold Crosspoint Christmas at the Convention Centre tomorrow night.
- Moncton has distributed 6,000 tickets for their 3 presentations of Hub City Christmas. They also baptized 4 last week as a result of the Alpha program.
An orientation session for our newly appointed members of the DBMD was held at the district office last week. What a great group! Our DBMD Chair Dale MacDonald gave overall direction to the session which, in addition to an onsite lunch, covered philosophy, format, function and importance of the assignment and Peter unveiled our new paperless approach. Onward and upward.
Tim Long has accepted a full time staff position at Digby effective in January. Lead Pastor Andrew Maves says, “We are jacked about this. Very exciting times in Digby.”
IMA hit another milestone last week as subscribers topped 800 for the first time.
Our district office will close at noon on Christmas Eve and will reopen on Monday morning January 5th. Voice mail will be monitored every day and regular mail will be checked regularly during those days. Peter and I will be available by cell as needed as well – Peter at 506-232-7453 and yours truly at 506-962-2263.
THOT: “It’s not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.” – C. S. Lewis
ON SECOND THOT: “Isn’t it funny that day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different?” – C. S. Lewis
Hillside Rally is just around the corner, so be sure to put down Feb 27-28 in your calendar for this event. Contact Michael Fearnley at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info/questions.”